About Innovation, Impact and Business
The Innovation, Impact and Business (IIB) team are experts in:
- Developing impact;
- Connecting partners;
- Creating opportunities for collaboration;
- Generating value.
Our sector and technical specialists have the experience, connections and business acumen to work across the IIB themes and Colleges.
We take ownership of projects, manage resources, and build productive relationships with academic and external partners.
1. Drive impact - by supporting the development of impact for impact case studies and pathways to impact
We support the development of impact, which underpins the creation of impact case studies.
2. Connect partners - by bringing people and organisations together to grow productive and transformational partnerships locally, nationally and globally
We bring people and organisations together to grow productive and transformational partnerships locally, nationally and globally.
We are well connected across our themes and know how to engage key partners.
3. Create opportunities - by building creative, sustainable, collaborative research and education projects with external partners that generate funds and lead to new opportunities
We conceive and support academics with opportunities to build sustainable business and government research and education activities. This includes the development of national and international research contracts and regional funding.
4. Generate value - by leading income generation initiatives, IP exploitation, spin-outs, consultancy, facilities access, and entrepreneurship across the University
Working with business
Sean Fielding, Director of Innovation, Impact and Business, talks about how University of Exeter works with businesses and other external partners.
The Innovation, Impact and Business team can help connect businesses and academics in addition to brokering relationships, facilitating discussions, and helping to build lasting partnerships.