Welcome lunch for new staff
The Welcome Lunch is an informal and informative buffet lunch in which you will have the opportunity to hear from the VC or a member of the Vice-Chancellor’s Executive Group, and meet with key individuals from Human Resources. All new staff are eligible to attend. At present this event takes place several times per year at the Streatham Campus and once annually at the Cornwall Campus.
*Please note that this event is separate from any other event hosted by the VC at his residence Redcot.
Register to attend, or be notified of future dates for the Welcome Lunch
Welcome Lunch for New Staff - Exeter/Cornwall
What new staff said about previous Welcome Lunches
- “I thought the VC speech was good and I was inspired by his dedication to ‘enhancing the student experience’”
- “It was great putting names to faces and gaining a better understanding of how different departments in the Uni work together.”
- “I enjoyed the Vice Chancellor's speech: it was very welcoming and informative and gave a management perspective of the University with its aims and goals.”
- “I have met some people from other departments, who I have become friends with and now meet up with socially.”
- “It was a good opportunity to meet other new members of staff and feel a part of the Uni.”
- “Attending reinforced my belief that I have joined the right organisation.”
Of the staff who have attended and provided feedback:
- 94% attended within 3 months of joining the University
- 94% found it beneficial as a new member of staff to attend this event
- 95% would recommend this event to another new starter.