Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Scholarship
Applications for the Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Scholarship are open to undergraduate students studying abroad in 2014/15 who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You must be undertaking a full academic year of study abroad at an international partner university. Students studying abroad via the Erasmus scheme are not eligible.
- You must be in receipt of the Access to Exeter Bursary.
- You must have achieved an average 65% or better in first year assessments, if you are studying abroad in the second year of your degree; or 65% or better in first and second year assessments, if you are studying abroad in the third year of your degree.
- You must be willing, during your year abroad, to produce a report, video diary, blog, photo archive or other record to be shared with the student community at Exeter.
- Students studying abroad in their home country will NOT be eligible for the scholarship.
Mrs Bessie Rook Memorial Scholarship (Germany and France only)
The Mrs Bessie Rook Memorial Scholarships are awarded to students who will be studying abroad in German and/or French speaking countries. For the 2013/14 academic year 5 scholarships are available, each worth £1,000.
BUTEX is now accepting applications for its UK Scholarship Programme 2014!
The Scholarship is open to all undergraduate students who are affiliated to a BUTEX institution. You may be affiliated as an incoming or an outgoing study abroad student. To be eligible to apply:
• You must have been offered a study abroad or exchange place which is not eligible for an ERASMUS grant.
• Your study abroad or exchange placement must be for the UK academic year 2014 / 2015 (i.e. your studies should fall between September 2014 and August 2015).
• Your place must be for a minimum of one semester.
If you are not sure whether your home or institution is BUTEX-affiliated, please see our website for our list of members (www.butex.ac.uk/scholarships/how-to-apply/).
The value of each scholarship is £500 and will be paid to the winners once they have arrived and registered at their host university. The deadline for all applications is 16 June 2014.
For further details of how to apply for this scholarship please link to: www.butex.ac.uk/scholarships/how-to-apply/
British Council/BIS Scholarships for Excellence for students studying in Hong Kong 2014-15
The Department for Business, Innovation and Skills is funding a minimum of ten scholarships for students in England to spend a semester or a full year at a university in Hong Kong for the academic year 2014-15. Each scholarship is worth up to £4,000 depending on the length of stay in Hong Kong.
Scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis to candidates who have demonstrated academic excellence, leadership and the potential to make a substantial contribution to the well-being of the international community.
- be UK passport holders studying undergraduate courses in England
- have already applied for undergraduate study on exchange at one of the universities in Hong Kong
- have a good academic record with a GPA of at least 3.0 or equivalent
Students currently studying in Hong Kong are not eligible
Application period - 4 February 2014 to 8 April 2014
For more information and to make an application: www.britishcouncil.org.hk/SfE
UK-China Student Forum
The British Council are offering eight lucky students from the UK a free trip to Beijing, China from 19-24 April 2014 to participate in the British Council 2014 UK-China Student Forum. For a chance to participate, please follow the instructions below.
The Forum is looking for UK students with a global outlook to join Chinese students in Beijing to voice opinions on issues related to education, employment and global citizenship. Through group discussions, workshops, keynote presentations and wrap-around activities, participants will exchange views with eight Chinese student counterparts and will conclude with a live discussion on 22 April 2014 at a university location in Beijing.
HOW TO APPLY
For a chance to participate, simply answer the question (in no more than 500 words): How can our education better prepare us to compete in an increasingly globalised world?
- Email your response to: email@example.com with 'UK-China Student Forum' in the subject line.
- Please include your full name, email address, university and degree course.
- Please attach a copy of your CV.
- Deadline: 23 March 2014
Applicants must be:
- UK university students (British passport holders only, including Irish passport holders for Northern Ireland domiciled);
- aged 18 and above;
- able to travel to China during 19 - 24 April.
The British Council will cover all costs related to the trip, including return flights and accommodation.