Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Scholarships available to students studying abroad in 2013/14
Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Scholarships
The visit of Her Majesty The Queen and His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh to the University of Exeter on 2 May 2012 is commemorated through scholarships announced for overseas study.
The Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Scholarships grant five £2,000 scholaships each year providing an opportunity for five exceptional University of Exeter students to study abroad - expanding their cultural, social and career horizons.
Studying abroad provides an opportunity for students to immerse themselves in another culture, building language skills and international ties, cultivating understanding and extending the international reputation of the University. It also helps improve their employment prospects and fosters their potential to be the international leaders of the future within their chosen fields.
Funded by the Annual Fund, gifts from alumni and supporters, the Scholarships will support those students who may not otherwise be able to take advantage of these life-changing opportunities. Priority will be given to students who show a commitment to being global leaders of the future, who demonstrate excellent academic performance and are committed to sharing their learning experiences with fellow students.
Applications for the above scholarship are open to undergraduate students studying abroad in 2013/14 who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You must be undertaking a full academic year of study abroad at an international partner university. Students studying abroad via the Erasmus scheme are not eligible.
- You must be in receipt of the Access to Exeter Bursary.
- You must have achieved an average 65% or better in first year assessments, if you are studying abroad in the second year of your degree; or 65% or better in first and second year assessments, if you are studying abroad in the third year of your degree.
- You must be willing, during your year abroad, to produce a report, video diary, blog, photo archive or other record to be shared with the student community at Exeter.
- Students studying abroad in their home country will NOT be eligible for the scholarship.
To apply please complete the Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Scholarships Application Form or for further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.