Summer School Scholarship Fund
Please note that the closing date for applications was 31 May 2013, and that no further applications for scholarships will be accepted.
Study Abroad provides students with a unique opportunity to broaden horizons, to learn about a new culture, and to enhance their employability prospects post graduation. The International Office is pleased to support students who have not studied abroad previously, or who would study abroad anyway as part of their degree at Exeter, by means of is Summer School Scholarship initiative. Funding is being made available to encourage eligible students to take advantage of an opportunity to study abroad in summer 2013. We have identified a list of Summer schools to consider offered by some of the world's top universities, but eligibility is not confined to students participating in these summer schools. International Exeter's Summer School Scholarships up to a maximum value of £800 are available and are intended to be a contribution towards costs. Students are required to provide the balance, and to make their own arrangements as far as flights, travel and medical insurance, visa, and enrolments are concerned. Those in receipt of an award will be required to write a short report for the International Office upon their return. Please note that if the report is not returned to the International Office by Tuesday 1 October 2013, you will be required to return your scholarship.
The main criteria for making an award will be:
- evidence that the activity is likely to add to your university experience
- that your participation is supported by your course leader/personal tutor
- that you are of good academic standing with a grade average of 2:2 or above
- that you have not previously been on a Study Abroad experience and are not on a degree programme which includes a period of study abroad.
The International Office will check all applications for eligibilty.
To apply for the scholarship you must hold an offer of a place on your chosen overseas summer school. To apply, please download and complete the application form Summer School Scholarship application form. For further information please contact the International Office.
- Summer School Scholarships are open to UK and international students, undergraduate and postgraduate of the University of Exeter, with the exception of:
- undergraduates in their final year of study, where the intended period of summer school study takes place after the end of Summer Term;
- international students applying for a summer school in their home country;
- students who have previously studied abroad, or who will study as part of their degree programme at the University of Exeter.
- Students on summer schools are required to take out their own fully comprehensive travel and medical insurance. The University Insurance Office can advise.
- Summer School Scholarships are only available for summer school programmes of a minimum of three weeks duration.
- Summer School Scholarships can be used for the Study China Winter 2012/13 and Easter 2013 programmes.