Summer School Scholarship Fund
As part of the International Exeter initiative, the International Office is pleased to invite applications from students for international summer school scholarships. Funding is being made available to encourage eligible students to take advantage of a study abroad opportunity in summer 2013. We have identified a list of Summer schools to consider offered by some of the world's top universities.
International Exeter scholarships up to a maximum value of £800 are available and are intended to be a contribution towards costs. Students are required to provide the balance, and to make their own arrangements as far as flights, visa, and enrolments are concerned. Those in receipt of an award will be required to write a short report for the International Office upon their return. Please note that if the report is not returned to the International Office by Tuesday 1 October 2013, we will ask you to return your scholarship.
The main criteria for making an award will be:
- evidence that the activity is likely to add to your university experience
- that your participation is supported by your course leader/personal tutor
- that you are of good academic standing with a grade average of 2:2 or above
- that you have not previously been on a Study Abroad experience and are not on a degree programme which includes a period of study abroad.
The International Office will check all applications for eligibility.
To apply for the scholarship you must hold an offer of a place on your chosen overseas summer school.
To apply, please download and complete the application form Summer School Scholarship application form
For further information please contact the International Office.
The closing date for applications is 31 May 2013. (Please check the information about your chosen summer school to find out the deadline for applications.)
- Applications for these scholarships are open to UK and international students, undergraduate and postgraduate, with the exception of: undergraduates in their final year of study where the intended period of summer school study takes place after the end of Summer Term; international students applying for a summer school in their home country; students who have studied abroad or will study abroad as part of their degree programme.
- Students on summer school courses are required to take out their own fully comprehensive travel and medical insurance. The University Insurance Office can advise.
- Scholarships are only available for summer school programmes of a minimum three weeks duration.
- Summer School Scholarships can be used for the Study China Winter 2012/13 and Easter 2013 programmes.