Medicine staffing page

How to apply

Applications for the Medicine and Law pathways of the Pre-University Summer School are now being accepted. The application window will  be open until Friday 22 June 2018 at 17:00.

In order to apply, please complete the online application form and please be sure to check that the following items have been uploaded. If the application is incomplete, it will not be considered until we have received all documentation.

When applying please ensure you upload the following documents:

  1. official confirmation of your most recent high school grades
  2. a reference letter from your school
  3. evidence of your English language proficiency (if your first language is not English or if English is not the language of instruction at your school).

Please note that all successful applicants will be required to supply a signed consent note by their parent or legal guardian once their application has been accepted.

Visas and visa letters

If you are a European Economic Area or Swiss national you do not require a visa to study in the UK.

Students from other countries require a Short-Term Study Visa in order to enter the UK and take part in the programme. The process for obtaining a short-term study visa is different for visa nationals and non-visa nationals.

If you are a non-visa national (someone who can come to the UK on holiday without applying for a visa first) then you do not need to get a visa in advance of your trip.  We will send successful applicants a letter which confirms their enrolment on the programme and to carry with their passport once their deposit has been received. 

If you are a visa national (someone who must always apply for a visa before travelling to the UK) then you must apply for a visa before you can come to the UK and we will send successful applicants a letter to support their visa application once their deposit has been received.

If you are studying at an independent school in the UK on a Tier 4 (Child) Student Visa, you can attend the summer school using this visa and should not apply for the Short-term Study Visa.

If you are not sure whether you are a visa national, please check with the UK Border Agency.