How to Apply
Applications are welcomed from high-calibre candidates from within our partner institutions. You will often be required to have academic background knowledge of the modules you wish to take within your main subject area.
Supporting Documents Required
- Official Academic Transcript from your home university.
- Academic Reference/Letter of Recommendation.
- Personal Statement.
- None Home/EU only: copy of the ID information page of your passport.
- English Language Competence statement from your Erasmus Co-ordinator confirming that you have the required level of English to study at the University of Exeter*
* Students who require a Tier 4 (General) Student Visa must also satisfy UK Visas and Immigration English Language Requirements (see our Undergraduate Study Entry Requirements page.) You will require a Tier 4 (General) Student Visa if you are not a national of an EU member state, EEA member state or Switzerland AND you wish to study at Exeter for the full academic year.
How to apply
- Make sure you are aware of the application deadlines and familiarise yourself with the academic calendar. Applications for the first semester/Full Year must reach us before the 31st May. Applications for the second semester must reach us before the 31st October. Any applications received after these dates may be considered at the University’s discretion.
- Unless you are a British or European national, you will need a visa to study in the UK and must consider which one best meets your needs. The visa type will depend on the length of your study and what you wish to do while you are here. View our Immigration Advice pages for more information.
- Consider your provisional module choices. You must ensure to choose the majority of your modules in the department covered under the Erasmus bilateral agreement between the University of Exeter and your home university. Some departments will allow you to choose 25% of your modules within another discipline, though this is at their discretion. Please note modules are not guaranteed and will be finalised on your arrival to Exeter.
- Gather together the additional supporting documentation required to be submitted with your application form (see above).
- Apply online! View the Online Application Guide for instructions.
- On submitting your application you will receive an automated response acknowledging receipt. Please do not log back in to your application once submitted.
- We will aim to process your application within ten working days but during busy periods it may take longer. Once a decision has been made you will be sent by email your student ID number and information on how to apply for University accommodation.
- You will then receive a number of emails from the University designed to help you prepare for your studies! Do you have any questions? Check our Frequently Asked Questions webpage for answers.