Fees and funding

As an Erasmus exchange student you will not have to pay tuition fees to Exeter. However, you will be liable for accommodation, travel and living expenses. It is important that you have an understanding of the costs of living in Exeter.

You will be able to open a bank account in the UK if you are studying at Exeter for at least one academic semester. You will need to present:

  • a letter confirming you are a registered student at Exeter, please email SID@exeter.ac.uk for further information;
  • your passport as identification (identity card alone will not be sufficient);
  • proof of your address in the UK. This will be confirmed by the University if you have University accommodation.

If you are going to keep your home bank account, check what charges will be made to withdraw cash abroad and whether it is possible to do so at Exeter. Debit and credit cards are widely accepted.

If you are going to be living in private accommodation and you will be here for one semester you may be liable to pay council tax.  You should check with your landlord.

Find out more about life in the UK.