Summer School and Short Programme Scholarship Fund
The Study Abroad team is pleased to support students who have not studied abroad previously, or who will not study abroad as part of their degree at Exeter, by means of its Summer School Scholarship initiative. Funding is being made available to encourage eligible students to take advantage of an opportunity to study abroad in summer 2016. We have identified a list of Summer schools to consider offered by some of the world's top universities, but eligibility is not confined to students participating in these summer schools. Summer School Scholarships of £500 are available. These scholarships are intended to be a contribution towards costs only. You will be expected to provide the balance, so it will be essential to budget carefully for programme fees, flights or other travel to the programme, visas and travel and medical insurance. Those in receipt of an award will be required to write a short report for the Study Abroad team upon their return. Please note that if the report is not returned to the Study Abroad team by 1st October 2016, you will be required to return your scholarship.
The main criteria for making an award will be:
- evidence that the activity is likely to add to your university experience
- that your participation is supported by your course leader/personal tutor
- that you are of good academic standing with a grade average of 2:2 or above
- that you have not previously been on a Study Abroad experience and are not on a degree programme which includes a period of study or work abroad.
The Study Abroad team will check all applications for eligibility.
To apply for the scholarship you must hold an offer of a place on your chosen overseas summer school. To apply, please download and complete the application form: Summer School and Short Programme Scholarship Application 2016
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Summer School Scholarships are open to UK and international students, undergraduate and postgraduate of the University of Exeter, with the exception of:
- undergraduates in their final year of study, where the intended period of summer school study takes place after the end of Summer Term;
- international students applying for a summer school in their home country;
- students who have previously studied abroad, or who will study abroad as part of their degree programme at the University of Exeter.
- Students on summer schools are required to take out their own fully comprehensive travel and medical insurance. The University Insurance Office can advise.
- Summer School Scholarships are only available for summer school programmes of a minimum of three weeks duration.
- Summer School Scholarships can be used for the Study China Easter 2016 programme.