I have my new passport but my visa sticker was in my lost/stolen passport - what do I do?

If you are in the UK and you had a visa which was a sticker in your lost/stolen passport then you need to apply for a 'Transfer of Conditions'. You should report the loss or theft to the police online and keep the confirmation email that you receive. You should then contact the International Student Support Office at sid@exeter.ac.uk so that we can help you to make your Transfer of Conditions (TOC) application.

If you are outside the UK it is likely to take you some time to obtain the necessary replacement visa to re-enter the UK so you may need to extend your time abroad while you complete the following steps:

1. Report the loss or theft to the police and obtain a reference number or police report letter

2. Contact International Student Support at sid@exeter.ac.uk to inform us of your situation and your travel/study plans for the next few months. We will assess your situation and send you scans of your missing passport/visa, original CAS statement and a student status letter.

3. Obtain a replacement passport from the nearest embassy for your country

4. Apply for a replacement visa online: www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/

You will need to register an account with this website (if you do not already have one) then click on "Apply for myself" to create your application form. You will then complete/update your details, including your current location. Note the advice on this page pertinent to the country from which you are applying; in some countries there are supplementary forms / online processes to complete.

You will then need to complete the “Select Visa Type” section as detailed below. This is very important to ensure that the correct form is generated.

• Reason for Visit: Other

• Visa Type: Others

• Visa Sub-Type: Vignette Transfer

The visa you will receive is a 30 day temporary visa which will be a sticker in your passport. You will need to collect your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) when you are back in the UK which will be your full visa. Section 3 of the vignette transfer application form asks you choose a BRP collection location. If you are based at the Streatham or St Luke’s campus please enter the code 2HE342, If you are based in Penryn please enter the code 2HE347 as this will enable you to collect your new BRP from the university.

You should then complete the rest of the online form and submit it, pay for it, and make an appointment according to the local instructions for your nearest UK embassy or visa application centre.