Meet and Greet
Heathrow Meet and Greet Service: 14-15 September 2013
When you have firmly accepted your offer to study at the University of Exeter you can reserve a place on our Meet and Greet Service which operates on Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 September 2013 at Heathrow International Airport.
Applications will be allocated on a first come first served basis. We will email you to inform you if you have a place within 48 hours if you apply after 10 September. The journey is approximately 3.5 hours after departing Heathrow.
Coaches will depart from Terminal 3 at the following times:
Saturday 14th September - 8am, 10am, 2pm and 4pm.
Sunday 15th September - 8am, 10am, 12pm, 2pm and 4pm.
Online booking opens 1 June 2013.
Terms and Conditions
- This service is available to University and INTO students studying at any level.
- There is a £33 charge for this service. This is a significant saving on public transport prices. Places must be booked and paid for in advance using the online form. You will receive a confirmation email of your booking from epay within 2 working days. We will only accept on-line applications. If you have problems with the epay site please email us your student number, flight details and the bus time you would like to catch email@example.com . We will email you with further instructions.
- Places are limited on each coach. Places are allocated on a first come first served basis. To avoid disappointment please book early. If you would like clarification please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before using the online form.
- If you need to change your original booking we cannot confirm that space will be automatically be available on your next chosen coach.
- Please allow at least 2 hours between your flight arrival time and your proposed coach time. Getting through Customs, collecting your bags and getting to Terminal 3 takes time. It is your responsibility to leave enough time to be at Terminal 3 for the service. You should report to the International Welcome Team there at least 20 minutes before the bus is due to depart.
- The last bus leaves Terminal 3 at 4pm. Please book your flights accordingly.
- Please try to limit your luggage to one suitcase and one piece of hand luggage. We cannot provide a portering service and the International Welcome Team are all unpaid volunteers. You will need to be able to carry your own luggage when you reach Exeter, the campus is quite hilly and accommodation is on many floors with no lifts! If you send luggage unaccompanied or as freight to the airport, you will be responsible for collecting this at another time. Please note the University will not accept advance freight of your luggage and cannot store luggage for you in advance of your arrival.
- The coaches will take you directly to the Streatham Campus at Exeter.
- Important information for Cornwall Campus students: There is a free onward shuttle bus from the Exeter Streatham Campus to the Cornwall Campus. You must be booked onto the 8am or 10am coaches to make use of this service. Please note that if you book a later coach on Saturday you can still get the free shuttle on Sunday but you will need to arrange your own accommodation overnight in Exeter. If you catch a later coach on Sunday you will be responsible for your onward transport from Exeter to Cornwall on public transport (ie. train) and any associated costs.
- Cancellations and missed coaches:
- Email email@example.com to cancel you booking. We will acknowledge your cancellation email.
- If you cancel your booking on or before 1 September you will receive a full refund.
- If you cancel your booking after 1 September and before 10 September you will receive a £10 refund.
- Cancellations received after 10 September will not receive a refund.
- If you miss your booked bus because of a delay to your flight time we will do our best to put you on the next available bus. If, however, this is not possible you are responsible for your own transportation, and associated costs, to Exeter. You will not be entitled to a refund in this circumstance.
Arrival instructions: Heathrow There will be a group of International Welcome Team from Exeter at Terminals 3, 4 and 5 on Saturday and Sunday and they will be wearing bright t-shirts! When you have made your way through immigration control, baggage reclaim and customs at Heathrow International Airport please make yourself known to the Exeter team. If you are arriving in Terminals 1 or 2 please go directly to Terminal 3. Please allow at least 2 hours between your flight arrival time and your proposed bus time. All Heathrow coaches will be leaving from outside Terminal 3 and will be clearly signposted 'University of Exeter'.
If you wish to travel independently to Exeter please consult the following websites:
for information on train times and to book train tickets please visit The Train Line, or alternatively please use the National Express website if you wish to travel by coach.