Airport Collection Service September 2015
When you have firmly accepted your offer to study at the University of Exeter you can reserve a place on our Airport Collection Service at Heathrow International Airport.
There are different collection dates depending on which campus you are studying at. For students studying at our Exeter campuses, the Airport Collection Services operate on Saturday 12 and Sunday 13 September. For students studying at our Penryn or Truro Campuses in Cornwall, the Airport Collection Services operate on Thursday 10th September only. You are responsible for making your own way to Heathrow if your flight does not arrive here on these specific dates.
You must allow at least 2.5 hours between your flight landing and your bus departure time. This time is so you can navigate luggage, customs and travelling between terminals.
Applications will be allocated on a first come first served basis and the booking deadline is 10 September (7 September for Penryn service). If you apply after this date we will email you to inform you if you have a place within 48 hours. The journey is approximately 3.5 hours to Exeter and 5.5 hours to Penryn after departing Heathrow.
Airport Collection Service to Exeter
Airport Collection Service to Penryn, Cornwall
Buses will depart from Terminal 5 at the following times:
Saturday 12th September - 8am, 10am, 12pm, 2pm and 4pm.
Sunday 13th September - 8am, 10am, 12pm, 2pm and 4pm.
Buses will depart from Terminal 3:
Thursday 10th September - last coach leaves at 2pm
Terms and Conditions
- This service is available to University and INTO students studying at any level.
- There is a £36 charge for the service to Exeter and Penryn Campus. This is a significant saving on public transport prices.
- You can book multiple seats for family members who may be travelling with you.
- There are no price reductions for children.
- Unfortunately we cannot accept bookings for babies as we cannot provide the appropriate travel seats on the bus. All children must have their own seat and be able to sit unaided with a seat belt on.
- We can only accept online bookings. If you have problems with epay please email us your student number, flight details and the bus time you would like to catch email@example.com . We will email you with further instructions.
- You will receive a confirmation email of your booking from epay. Print this confirmation and bring it with you.
- Places are limited on each coach. Places are allocated on a first come first served basis. To avoid disappointment please book early.
- If you need to change your original booking please cancel your original booking and book online for your new time, if it is available. See cancellation section below.
- You must allow 2.5 hours between your flight arrival time and your coach time. Getting through Customs, collecting your bags and getting to Terminal 5 or 3 takes time. It is your responsibility to leave enough time to be at Terminal 5 or 3 for the service. You should report to the International Welcome Team there at least 20 minutes before the bus is due to depart.
- Buses will depart at the scheduled time.
- Please try to limit your luggage to one suitcase and one piece of hand luggage. You will be responsible for carrying your own luggage when you reach Exeter, the campus is quite hilly and accommodation is on many floors with no lifts! If you send luggage unaccompanied or as freight to the airport, you will be responsible for collecting this at another time. Please note the University will not accept advance freight of your luggage and cannot store luggage for you in advance of your arrival.
- The buses will take you directly to the Streatham Campus at Exeter or to the Penryn Campus and from there you will be transported to your various accommodations.
- Cancellations and missed coaches:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel your booking. We will acknowledge your cancellation email.
- If you cancel your booking on or before 1 September you will receive a full refund.
- If you cancel your booking after 1 September and before 10 September you will receive a £10 refund.
- Cancellations received after 10 September will not receive a refund.
- If you miss your booked bus because of a delay to your flight time we will do our best to put you on the next available bus. If, however, this is not possible you are responsible for your own transportation, and associated costs, to Exeter or Penryn campus. You will not be entitled to a refund in this circumstance.
Arrival instructions: Heathrow There will be an International Welcome Team from Exeter at Terminals 3, 4 and 5 on Saturday and Sunday (on Thursday 10 September for the Penryn Campus) and they will be wearing bright t-shirts and holding University of Exeter banners! When you have made your way through immigration control, baggage reclaim and customs at Heathrow International Airport please make yourself known to the Exeter team. If you are arriving in Terminals 1 or 2 please go directly to Terminal 5 for Exeter Campuses and Terminal 3 on 10 September for Penryn Campus. Allow at least 2.5 hours between your flight arrival time and your proposed bus time. All Heathrow coaches will be leaving from outside Terminal 5 for Exeter and Terminal 3 for the Penryn Campus and will be clearly signposted 'University of Exeter'.
If you wish to travel independently to the Exeter Campuses or the Penryn Campus, Cornwall please consult the following websites:
for information on train times and to book train tickets please visit The Train Line, or alternatively please use the National Express website if you wish to travel by coach.