For more information about Email, please contact Exeter IT
For more "How do I" Guides and to find out how we can help you, make sure to visit:
Changes to email security
We are making some changes to email security at the University over the next few weeks. To find out more read our guide.
How to access your University of Exeter email
Students, staff and associates can access their University of Exeter email in many ways. Please click the links below for further setup guidance:
- You can use the iExeter app or a web browser (eg Edge or Chrome), by visiting https://outlook.office365.com
- For guidance on using iExeter or a web browser to read your email read this guide.
- Outlook for Windows and Mac - recommended for staff as this provides the most features including shared mailboxes and delegated access.
- Mobile phones or tablets.
- For information on other supported email apps visit the Digital Hub.
You always need to log in to Office 365 using your full University of Exeter email address as your username, and your password is case-sensitive.
To find out about modern authentication requirements for email at the University of Exeter visit the Digital Hub.
Mailbox size and message limits
Office 365 mailboxes have a large storage capacity of 50Gb. When you get near to this limit you will get warning messages.
The maximum size of an individual message that you can send or receive is 25Mb, including attachments.
The maximum size of a message you can send to a University mailing list is 2.5Mb. Mailing lists designed for all students and staff have a limit of 64k.
Our email charter
View our University of Exeter email charter for guidance on best practice when sending emails from your University email account.