One of my favourite things about being on that campus was the combination of Exeter and Falmouth students.
Our Exeter campuses
Situated a 15 minute walk from the centre of Exeter and containing a variety of woodland, lakes and gardens as well as excellent facilities, Streatham Campus is an ideal setting for your studies. Below we've listed some useful links for helping you make the most of your new campus.
- The Forum – The heart of campus, home of the Student Information Desk (SID), a grand piano and much more.
- The Library – Here to enable and support you in your research and study, we recommend getting to know your library early.
- Beautiful grounds – It will take you a while to find all of Streatham’s hidden gems. Just see our grounds team's Instagram.
- Study spaces – Locate the best spots to find your focus.
- Food and drink – At Streatham you are spoilt for choice, between Pieminister and the visiting Market, plus the iconic RAM bar, you will never be far from refuelling. See Opening times
- Sports facilities – You can make use of some of the best sports facilities in the South West, indoor and outdoor.
- Transport – Streatham is well served by public transport. The D bus regularly runs between Streatham and the city centre (D bus timetable - PDF), and St David's train station is a 15-20 minute walk away.
- Arts and Culture – see what arts and cultural events are taking place on and around campus.
Maps and directions
- Interactive map of Streatham campus
- Map of Streatham campus
- Directions to Streatham Campus
- DisabledGo - View the accessibility of our buildings
St Luke’s Campus
Academic facilities include a library, which has recently undergone a £1 million refurbishment, IT facilities and support, and modern seminar rooms and lecture theatres. The St Luke’s Campus also has excellent facilities for sport including a sports hall, an air-conditioned health and fitness studio and an indoor heated swimming pool.
Info at St Luke’s is based on the Ground Floor of the South Cloisters building (number 11 on the campus map) and is open from 8.15 to 17.00, Monday to Friday. Here staff are happy to help with any queries about your course or timetable, wellbeing, mitigating circumstances or careers. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maps and directions
- Download Walking map of Exeter (.pdf)
Our Cornwall campuses
You can hear about the Penryn Campus from some current students' blog posts and videos on the Studying in Cornwall page. Below we've listed some useful links for helping you make the most of your new campus.
- Campus facilities - Discover all that's at your disposal within the Penryn Campus.
- The Library - Here to enable and support you in your research and study, we recommend getting to know your library early.
- The Stannary - With a variety of events, the student bar and downstairs restaurant, this student union transforms into a high capacity night club and music venue on Saturday nights. Follow the Stannary facebook page to keep up to date.
- Music, Arts and Culture - With the performance centre, The Stannary and thriving town of Falmouth, there is plenty of entertainment for you to enjoy during your time here.
- Food and drink - Delicious and sustainable, our various outlets produce food to suit all tastes.
- Sports facilities - Equipped with excellent sport facilities including a fitness suite and exercise studio.
- Transport - Getting from Penryn Campus to Penryn town and Falmouth is easy, with busses running regularly and a train service that runs from Truro to Falmouth docks stopping at Penryn train station (10-minute walk from campus).
- For more information on life in Cornwall including nightlife, arts and culture, and amazing spots to see, please visit our dedicated Cornwall pages.
- Live It - A students' guide to life in Cornwall.
The University Medical School’s European Centre for Environment and Human Health is based on our Truro Campus. The Centre conducts world-class research into the interconnections between the environment and health. Specifically, its researchers investigate the health implications posed by a range of environmental threats.
For more information visit our Truro Campus web pages.
Maps and directions
We have a really positive relationship with the permanent residents of Exeter and Penryn but some issues sometimes occur during the busy Freshers’ Week period and towards the end of each term, when students are more likely to go out. The following tips will help ensure a better start to the term for everyone.
Travelling on foot
Please think about any noise that you create when travelling to and from campus. Mid-week noise can be a problem for neighbours who are trying to sleep, particularly those with young families or early morning work commitments. Student residents frequently raise concerns about street noise too.
Think about your route. Exeter, Falmouth and Penryn are reasonably safe places, but it’s always safer to stay with your friends and stick to well-lit areas when travelling in the evening.
Most of the routes from University campuses into town have litter bins. Littering can be a problem during Freshers’ Week, so if you can't find a bin on route, please take your litter home.
Cars and parking
Finding parking spaces around our Exeter campuses is a particular challenge, and we strongly advise you not to bring a car. There is no parking on campus for new staff or students who reside with the city boundary and hardly any off-campus parking is available in the vicinity. The Streatham and St Luke’s campuses are located within easy walking distance of the city centre and on regular bus routes.
Getting to know your student neighbours in University-managed accommodation is a really positive thing to do when you arrive. We appreciate that a smaller number of students may choose to live in private accommodation outside the campus boundaries and it is equally important to get to know your neighbours when living off campus. Students who get on first name terms with their neighbours are much more likely to resolve any problems that may arise. Neighbours can also take your bins in during the holidays!