Delivering an internationally excellent education
We want our graduates to stand out from the crowd and be among the best in the world. That’s why at Exeter it’s a person’s ability that matters most, not their family circumstances or their background.
We are creating an internationally excellent education, which gives our talented students the ability to go on to make a difference in the world. To become graduates of real distinction we must stretch, challenge and engage with our students. Our education is characterised by the partnership we have with our students in developing their own learning and helping them to become agents of change. We are working hard to create programmes which instil a life-long love of learning, stimulate creativity, a worldwide outlook, leadership, the ability to work with others, analytical skills, resilience and imagination.
We plan to increase the opportunities for students to learn alongside top academics, carry out research and take part in work experience around the world.
The experience our students gain while studying at Exeter doesn’t end on graduation day but continues throughout their lives through our excellent graduate career and social networks.
We will achieve this by:
- Partnering with students across and between our vibrant campuses, including working closely with the Students’ Guild and FXU;
- Delivering outstanding interdisciplinary courses, with leading academic and industry partners;
- Instilling a passion for learning in our students, through more opportunities to work alongside our top academics;
- Increasing opportunities for overseas study and work and a curriculum with a global outlook;
- Promoting social mobility by encouraging diversity, where ability and potential are valued. Helping all students pursue their intellectual, sporting and cultural passions;
- Creating new opportunities for postgraduate study via the Exeter Doctoral College, which will give our students a competitive advantage;
- Embracing the digital transformation of education to complement face-to-face learning through online learning.
We'll know if we’ve succeeded by:
- Consistently achieving the highest classification within the Teaching Excellence Framework;
- Ranking in the UK top 10 for undergraduate student satisfaction, plus scoring above average Russell Group results for postgraduate taught experience;
- A top 10 UK ranking for how successful our graduates are at securing graduate level jobs or further study and attaining a sector-leading position in terms of graduate earnings;
- Growing our international student population to 25 per cent of the total. Making sure a fifth of 2020 graduates took part in at least one international opportunity;
- Achieving our Fair Access Targets, which helps talented students come to Exeter, irrespective of their background;
- Increasing postgraduate student numbers with a bigger proportion of taught students;
- Increasing the amount of shared research between students and academics which appears in industry-recognised publications.