|Duration||1 year full time|
Programme Director: Jackie Bagnall
- For ambitious professionals with at least three years of work experience, you can accelerate or redirect your career with our internationally accredited MBA programme
- Gain the tools and skills in purposeful leadership, innovation and technology to transform yourself and the world around you for good
- Develop a solid grounding in core business disciplines through core modules, and tailor this programme to your individual interests and career needs with our range of elective specialist modules
- Take advantage of experiential learning through study trips, company visits, corporate challenges and consultancy projects for partner organisations, which complement workshops led by business practitioners and academics who are specialists in their field
- Ranked in The Economist's Which MBA? Rankings 2019
Top 100 Financial Times ranked European Business School
Triple accredited Business School
Accredited by AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB
Ranked in The Economist's Which MBA? Rankings 2019
Ranked Number 1 in the Corporate Knights' Better World MBA Rankings 2017 and Number 2 in 2018
Accredited by: Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), Association of MBAs (AMBA) and EFMD Quality Improvement System (EQUIS)
- We evaluate candidates based on their first degree, work experience and career aspirations.
- To qualify for The Exeter MBA you must have a minimum of three years’ experience in a managerial position.
- If you don’t have a first degree but can demonstrate significant (8+ years) work experience and career progression you may still be eligible for the programme.
The Exeter MBA is taught in English, so if English is not your first language you must hold one of the below:
- IELTS 7.0 (with no less than 6.0 in any sector)
- iBT TOEFL 100 +
A GMAT score will strengthen your application, although it is not required.
The Exeter MBA is built around the latest thinking and techniques from a wide range of management disciplines. A solid grounding in core business disciplines is acquired through our core modules while elective specialist modules enable you to specialise in your area of interest and tailor the programme to your career needs. The programme culminates with our Exeter MBA in-company, consultancy project.
Study trips, company visits, group challenges and simulations complement lectures and seminars led by professionals and academics specialists in their field. A range of extra-curricular activities, such as our guest speakers programme and MBA workshops delivered by our corporate partners run throughout the duration of the programme to complement your learning and provide opportunities to further build your skills, knowledge and understanding. Read more at the Exeter MBA website
UK/EU fees per year:
£30,000 full time
International fees per year:
At the University of Exeter Business School we want to ensure we attract the very brightest minds and talent from all over the world, regardless of financial background. That’s why this year, we have over £500,000 worth of scholarships available to outstanding MBA candidates.
Better World Scholarships
Our Better World Scholarships are awarded by the MBA Programme Director to students who can demonstrate outstanding academic merit or financial need and a commitment to the ethos of the programme. We have up to £500,000 worth of scholarships available. To be considered for a scholarship, all you need to do is apply for The Exeter MBA. If you are a suitable candidate, we’ll make you an offer. No complications. Please note these scholarships are awarded entirely at the discretion of the Business School.
Academic Excellence Scholarship
A number of academic excellence scholarships are available for all applicants in possession of a good GMAT score, as follows. Please note these scholarships are subject to availability:
- Score of 600 - 649 awarded scholarship of £2,000
- Score of 650 - 700 awarded scholarship of £3,000
- Score of 700 or over awarded scholarship of £6,000
The Colfuturo-Ayudar Scholarship
The Colfuturo-Ayudar Scholarship is a joint award combining a Colfuturo loan/scholarship with an Exeter award funded by a generous donation to the University. It is intended to support the development of Colombian students who will use the expertise gained from The Exeter MBA to make a positive social, business and environmental impact. The award covers the full cost of international tuition fees plus a substantial subsistence allowance.
To apply for the Colfuturo-Ayudar Scholarship please make an application to The Exeter MBA allowing sufficient time (up to 2 weeks) to process your application, as all eligible applicants are invited to interview by Skype before any decision is made. Then you can submit your scholarship application to Colfuturo between 7th January - 29th February 2020.
To be eligible for funding you must:
- Be from Colombia
- Meet the Exeter MBA entry requirements and have a conditional offer of a place on the programme
- Apply for the Colfuturo funding - applications open during the convocatoria period 7th January - 29th February 2020. More information can be found here.
Two full fees scholarships are available to students who have had an application accepted to one of the Business School MSc programmes or The Exeter MBA programme for September 2019 entry. These will be awarded to an academically gifted candidate resident in the UK and continental Europe, who would not be able to study without this financial assistance.
This scholarship is funded by donations from a Business School alumnus.
The scholarship requires you to have an English language level of IELTS 7.0 with no section less than 6.0, or equivalent. For full details please see our Funding Database website.
Please note, you can apply for more than one scholarship, but if you are awarded more than one, the greater award will be given. A bursary can be awarded in addition to a scholarship.
Teaching and research
University of Exeter Business School research has global impact, with the majority of our research rated as world-leading or internationally excellent.*
*Research Excellence Framework 2014
Our research-led teaching is combined with practical experiences such as field trips and project work, so that you can apply your learning to real world scenarios. Upon graduation, you will have the skills and knowledge to pursue the career you want, wherever in the world you choose to work.
Our programmes cover a range of disciplines including entrepreneurship, international business, marketing, human resource management, and tourism. With strong links to organisations across the private, public and not-for-profit sectors, and with professional organisations such as the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) and the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD), we ensure that your Masters degree is widely recognised in today’s global marketplace.
You will be taught by internationally respected academics who are at the forefront of their research. We draw upon disciplines across the social sciences and give emphasis to the dynamic nature of enterprise, global connectivity and the management and leadership of the global challenges that lie ahead.
The Business School is home to the following research centres:
- Centre for Entrepreneurship
- Centre for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
- Centre for Simulation, Analytics and Modelling (CSAM)
- Exeter Centre for Social Networks (ECSN)
- Exeter Centre for Leadership (ExCL)
- Initiative in the Digital Economy at Exeter (INDEX)
- Land, Environment, Economics and Policy Institute (LEEP)
- Research Methods Centre
- Tax Administration Research Centre (TARC)
- The Exeter Centre for Circular Economy (ECCE)
Having worked at Kantar, Unilever and Perrigo across a variety of roles including sales, marketing and strategy, I chose to take a year away and study an MBA in order to find my next career challenge. What drew me to The Exeter MBA was the focus on the circular economy, innovation and entrepreneurship.
The Exeter MBA
The Exeter MBA will help you to achieve the career you desire
Our Careers Programme has been designed to give you a full understanding of yourself as a successful and innovative professional in today’s global business landscape.
The programme will kick-start your personal transformation process by exposing you to the wide-ranging career development resources at your disposal, whilst developing self-reflection on your personal competencies and experiences.
Workshops are delivered by career-change professionals, including sector specialists focussed on growing your expertise in internationalisation and employability, helping you decide where you want to take your MBA.
Become the leader you want to be
Through our active support we will:
- Match you up with an experienced professional to gain 1:1 careers advice through our Careers Mentor scheme
- Provide personalised 1:1 Careers Coaching with our experienced, fully-qualified Career Consultant
- Provide access to a range of careers fairs and events
- Connect you with successful alumni working in a sector of your choice to further develop your contacts and professional impact
Your MBA Consultancy Project will be a key piece of the jigsaw enabling you to move from your pre-MBA role, organisation or sector onto your new career path. Your Careers Consultant will help ensure that your Consultancy Project supports your career aspirations.
Fantastic facilities, outstanding teaching, world-leading research and exceptional graduate employability are just a few of the reasons we think you'll love it here. Find out what our students say about choosing Exeter.
Studying at our campuses in Devon or Cornwall means you'll have some of the most beautiful natural scenery in the UK on your doorstep. Find out about student life at Exeter and the huge range of sports, clubs and societies on offer.
One University, two locations
We have around 20,000 students across our three campuses in Devon and Cornwall which means we offer the academic excellence and facilities you'd expect of a major university but also a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.