- Introduction from the Vice Chancellor
- Get a prospectus
- Our degrees
- Entry requirements
- Fees and funding
- What is postgraduate study?
- Why Exeter?
- Inspiring research
- Facilities and support
- International students
- Postgraduate student life
- Our students
- Visit us
- Contact us
- Athena SWAN
- 6th in the UK for Biosciences in The Guardian University Guide 2015
- Top 10 in the UK for world-leading and internationally excellent research2
- Excellent facilities with a £25 million investment in state-of-the-art laboratories and platform technologies
- The current value of ongoing research within Biosciences is more than £40 million funded from research councils, charities, UK government, the EU Commission, and industrial companies
- Research regularly published in peer-reviewed journals including Nature, Science and the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America
- 5th in the UK in the National Student Survey (2014)1
- High quality research supervision to develop and nurture the scientific potential of all graduates
1 based on the average percentage of positive responses, from Biology and Zoology students, across all survey categories for full service universities
2 Research Excellence Framework 2014 based on the percentage of research categorised as 4* and 3*
Biosciences at the University of Exeter is a vibrant and rapidly expanding centre for research and teaching across a broad spectrum of biological sciences. Our students join a community of world-leading experts in subjects ranging from evolutionary biology, conservation and ecology, through whole organism biology and microbiology, to molecular and cellular biology, computational biology and biological chemistry.
As a highly research-active discipline, we are in an excellent position to offer taught Masters programmes focusing on a range of discipline-specific and generic skills, designed to enhance student employability. We enjoy excellent links with key external agencies, enabling students to benefit from direct links to relevant employment opportunities within the UK and abroad.
We provide state-of-the-art facilities for all students in Cornwall and Exeter. These include next-generation DNA sequencing and proteomics facilities and an enhanced bioimaging suite in Exeter, and research laboratories, greenhouses, aviary and controlled environment rooms in Cornwall. The Centre for Ecology and Conservation, Biosciences in Cornwall, shares the campus with the University’s £30 million Environment and Sustainability Institute which is leading the way in cutting-edge environmental research.