- Introduction from the Vice Chancellor
- Get a prospectus
- Our degrees
- Entry requirements
- Fees and funding
- What is postgraduate study?
- Why Exeter?
- Inspiring research
- Facilities and support
- International students
- Postgraduate student life
- Our students
- Visit us
- Contact us
- Athena SWAN
- Top 5 in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2015 and The Complete University Guide 2015
9th in the UK for world leading research1
- 4th in the National Student Survey (2014)2
- 18 fully-funded doctoral studentships over the last 3 years
- Over £950,000 external research funding awarded over the last 4 years
- Superb industry standard drama facilities
1 RAE 2008 based on the percentage of research categorised as 4*
2 Based on the average positive responses across all survey categories for full service universities
We are one of the largest and best equipped Drama departments in the UK and offer a supportive and stimulating environment for postgraduate research and practice, welcoming students from all around the world. Our impressive reputation is backed up by consistently high scores for student satisfaction. Whatever your field of study – theatre, performing, directing, theory, writing for performance, dramaturgy, criticism, new media, analysis or historiography – you will have access to expert supervision, excellent practical resources and creative association with fellow students.
The department has a lively tradition of research and creative activity and many members of staff are writers and performers. We work with external artists and theatre companies to produce research-based theatre and performance. Students benefit from collaborations with organisations such as the Globe Theatre, Royal Shakespeare Company, Shakespeare Institute, local and national theatre companies, and public sector bodies such as hospitals, prisons and schools.