Broad Reach Scholarship
About the award
A full-fees scholarship is available to students with an offer for MSc Financial Analysis and Fund Management for September 2017 entry. This will be awarded to an academically gifted candidate resident in the UK and continental Europe, who would not be able to study without this financial assitance.
This scholarship is funded by donations from a Business School alumnus.
The scholarship application is competitive and requires you to submit an application form with a 1500 word essay entitled:
"Assume that you are a fund manager of a well-diversified portfolio, containing European and US stocks and bonds. Outline how your fund could be affected, and how you might adjust your portfolio in response to;
EITHER The European Central Bank engaging in quantitative easing
OR A long term continuation of the fall in global oil prices."
You will need to provide evidence of financial need through submission of a cover letter. We will ask you to upload your CV, transcript and English Language certificate if required.
All scholarship awards are conditional on registration with the University of Exeter.
Scholarships are not awarded in conjunction with other scholarships - in the event of you being eligible for more than one award the greater award will be given.
• Please state the essay title and your Exeter student ID number at the top of your work.
• The essay should flow well with a clear introduction, body and conclusion. You should demonstrate an ability to not only pull together relevant information but also to analyse it critically and independently.
• You need to ensure that where possible the points you make are backed up by relevant literature. We would expect you to use a wide source of references including journals, books and websites. References must appear in a consistent format, such as APA, throughout the essay text and bibliography. Click here to access a guide on APA style prepared by UCOL.
• Your essay will be checked for plagiarism; the writing must be your own. Please ensure that any quotations are clearly marked and correctly referenced.
• Word count excludes: essay title, the reference list, and any figures. All other words are counted.
|Application deadline:||30th June 2017|
|Number of awards:||1|
|Duration of award:||for 1 year|
|Contact: Jane Knoxfirstname.lastname@example.org|
How to apply
Please complete the application form here:
The closing date for this award is 30 June 2017. Applicants will be notified of the outcome no later than the 15 July 2017.