Exeter International Excellence Scholarship for Postgraduate Research Ref: 2461
About the award
There will be 20 full-fee scholarships available for entry during the 2017/18 academic year. Successful applicants will have their tuition and bench fees paid by the University for up to 3.5 years (42 months)
A research allowance will be provided and a stipend to support living costs will be paid at current UK research council levels, currently £14,295 per year.
The awards are available to students in any subject area available at the University of Exeter and at all campuses.
Awards will be granted to the strongest applicants based on an assessment of the applicant’s:
- academic excellence
- research potential
- research proposal
Applicants will be expected to have identified and approached a potential supervisor and to have supervison agreed in principle. To help find an appropriate supervisor please use the Research Expertise search function on our Postgraduate Study pages http://www.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate/
- Applicants would be expected to start their studies in September 2017 with some flexibility possible dependent on the project.
- Recipients are expected to commit to engagement beyond their doctoral studies through examples of public engagement, accessing skills development training and opportunities, career development etc. Continued funding would be dependent on satisfactory evidence of this engagement having taken place.
This award is only open to applicants whose fee status is classed as International. Therefore this award is not open to Home or EU students. Click here for further information about fee status. Please note that this studentships is only open to applicants who will start their study in Sep 2017, not those who have already started.
- Applicants must fulfil the standard entry requirements for their programme of study. Details of these can be found on the Postgraduate Study pages http://www.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate/courses-by-subject/
- Applicants will be required to include the following with their online application:
- A Letter of Application,
- Research Proposal with a supervisor agreed in principle
- 2 References
- IELTS or equivalent (if from a non english speaking country)
|Application deadline:||15th January 2017|
|Value:||Full international fees plus research allowance and £14,296 annual stipend|
|Duration of award:||per year|
|Contact: Doctoral College: 01392 firstname.lastname@example.org|
How to apply
Candidates need to make two separate and simultaneous applications:
1. To the University of Exeter PGR Admissions - Applicants should visit: http://www.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate/apply/process/ to apply.
2. To the University’s funding database for the Exeter International Excellence Scholarship for Postgraduate Research – http://www.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate/money/funding//application/
Applicants should make both applications to the University of Exeter by the 15 January 2017.
Candidates will only be considered for the award where they are in receipt of an offer from the University of Exeter.