Postgraduate Research Global Excellence Studentship - PhD (Funded) Ref: 2461
About the award
There will be up to 6 full-fee scholarships available for entry during the 2018/19 academic year. Successful applicants will have their tuition and bench fees paid by the University for up to 3.5 years (42 months)
A research allowance will be provided and a stipend to support living costs will be paid at current UK research council levels, currently £14,553 per year
The awards are available to students in the following STEMM subject area's at the University of Exeter and at all campuses.
• Computer Science
• Medical Imaging
• Medical Sciences
• Mining & Minerals Engineering
• Natural Sciences
• Physics and Astronomy
• Renewable Energy
• Sport & Health Sciences
Awards will be granted to the strongest applicants based on an assessment of the applicant’s:
- academic excellence
- research potential
- research proposal
Applicants will be expected to have identified and approached a potential supervisor and to have supervison agreed in principle. To help find an appropriate supervisor please use the Research Expertise search function on our Postgraduate Study pages http://www.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate/
- Applicants would be expected to start their studies in September 2018 with some flexibility possible dependent on the project.
- Recipients are expected to commit to engagement beyond their doctoral studies through examples of public engagement, accessing skills development training and opportunities, career development etc. Continued funding would be dependent on satisfactory evidence of this engagement having taken place.
This award is only open to applicants whose fee status is classed as International. Therefore this award is not open to Home or EU students. Click here for further information about fee status. Please note that this studentships is only open to applicants who will start their study in Sep 2018, not those who have already started.
|Application deadline:||31st January 2018|
|Value:||Full international fees plus research allowance and £14,553 annual stipend|
|Duration of award:||per year|
|Contact: Doctoral Collegefirstname.lastname@example.org|
How to apply
Applicants must fulfil the standard entry requirements for their programme of study. Details of these can be found on the Postgraduate Study pages http://www.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate/courses-by-subject/
Applicants will be required to include the following with their online application:
- A Letter of Application,
- Research Proposal with a supervisor agreed in principle
- 2 References
- IELTS or equivalent (if from a non english speaking country)