Business School World Class Scholarships
About the award
A limited number of full and partial tuition fee scholarships will be awarded to the most talented students who have had an application accepted to one of the Business School MSc programmes. The scholarships are competitive and require you to have an English language level of IELTS 7.0 with no section less than 6.0, or equivalent, if from a non-anglophone country and submit an application form with a 1500 word essay on one of the following topics, dependent on your intended programme of study.
• Msc International Management and MSc Human Resource Management applicants: What you consider to be 'The Most Challenging Aspects of Today’s Global Business Environment'
• MSc Marketing applicants: What you consider to be ‘Key challenges faced by marketers in today’s global business environment’
• MSc International Tourism Management applicants: What you consider to be ‘The Most Challenging Aspects of Today’s International Tourism Environment’
• 'Should the State provide every citizen an unconditional minimum guaranteed level of income?'
Accounting and Finance programmes
• ‘Assume that you are a fund manager of a well-diversified portfolio, containing European and US stocks and bonds. Outline how your fund could be affected, and how you might adjust your portfolio in response to:
EITHER The winding down of quantitative easing by the European Central Bank
OR The impact of Fintech on asset and wealth management.’
All scholarship awards are conditional on payment of the tuition fee deposit as specified in your offer letter and registration with the University of Exeter. You will need your Exeter student number to submit your application.
Scholarships are not awarded in conjunction with other scholarships – in the event of you being eligible for more than one award the greater award will be given.
By applying for this Scholarship you are agreeing to your personal details being shared with Panel members, unless you tell us otherwise.
• Please state the essay title and your Exeter student ID number at the top of your work.
• The essay should flow well with a clear introduction, body and conclusion. You should demonstrate an ability to not only pull together relevant information but also to analyse it critically and independently.
• You need to ensure that where possible the points you make are backed up by relevant literature. We would expect you to use a wide source of references including journals, books and websites. References must appear in a consistent format, such as APA, throughout the essay text and bibliography. Click here to access a guide on APA style prepared by UCOL.
• Your essay will be checked for plagiarism; the writing must be your own. Please ensure that any quotations are clearly marked and correctly referenced.
• Word count excludes: essay title, the reference list, and any figures. All other words are counted.
Please note this Scholarship is not available for MRes programmes of study.
How to apply
Please complete the application form here.
The closing date for this scholarship is 31 March 2019. Applicants will be notified of the outcome no later than the 31 May 2019.
|Application deadline:||31st March 2019|
|Value:||Full and Partial Fees|
|Duration of award:||for 1 year|
|Contact: Jane Knox||www.exeter.ac.uk/enquiry|