Business School World Class Scholarships
About the award
A limited number of full tuition fees scholarships will be awarded to the most talented students who have had an application accepted to one of the Business School MSc programmes. The scholarships are competitive and require you to have an English language level of IELTS 7.0 with no section less than 6.0, or equivalent, if from a non-anglophone country and submit an application form with a 1500 word essay on one of the following topics, dependent on your intended programme of study.
• What you consider to be “The Most Challenging Aspects of Today’s Global Business Environment”
• Either, what you consider to be “The Challenges to Contemporary Macroeconomic Policy of a Zero Interest Rate Policy”; or
• “The Regulatory Challenges of Enforcing Intellectual Property Rights in the Digital Age”
Accounting and Finance programmes
• “Assume that you are a fund manager of a well-diversified portfolio, containing European and US stocks and bonds. Outline how your fund could be affected, and how you might adjust your portfolio in response to;
EITHER The European Central Bank engaging in quantitative easing
OR A long term continuation of the fall in global oil prices.”
All scholarship awards are conditional on payment of the tuition fee deposit as specified in your offer letter and registration with the University of Exeter.
Scholarships are not awarded in conjunction with other scholarships – in the event of you being eligible for more than one award the greater award will be given.
• Please state the essay title and your Exeter student ID number at the top of your work.
• The essay should flow well with a clear introduction, body and conclusion. You should demonstrate an ability to not only pull together relevant information but also to analyse it critically and independently.
• You need to ensure that where possible the points you make are backed up by relevant literature. We would expect you to use a wide source of references including journals, books and websites. References must appear in a consistent format, such as APA, throughout the essay text and bibliography. Click here to access a guide on APA style prepared by UCOL.
• Your essay will be checked for plagiarism; the writing must be your own. Please ensure that any quotations are clearly marked and correctly referenced.
• Word count excludes: essay title, the reference list, and any figures. All other words are counted.
|Application deadline:||31st March 2018|
|Duration of award:||for 1 year|
|Contact: Jane Knoxfirstname.lastname@example.org|
How to apply
Please complete the application form here.
The closing date for this scholarship is 31 March 2018. Applicants will be notified of the outcome no later than the 31 May 2018.