- High employability with major and junior mining and exploration companies, consultants and government agencies
- Multidisciplinary expertise in mining and minerals engineering, geology and surveying
- World class research facilities include £2 million analytical mineralogy labs and an automated QEMSCAN scanning electron microscope; the first in any university worldwide
- Outstanding relationships and reputation with international industry
- 43rd for Engineering – Minerals and Mining in the QS World University Rankings 2017
Based at the University’s £100 million Penryn Campus near Falmouth, the Camborne School of Mines (CSM) has an international reputation for research and teaching related to the understanding and management of the Earth's natural processes, resources and the environment. We are a unique multidisciplinary department offering a range of specialised programmes, drawing upon our research expertise in mining and minerals engineering, applied geology and mineralogy, surveying and renewable energy. We offer postgraduates an outstanding research environment with state of the art analytical facilities and laboratories with excellent rates of graduate employment.