Accredited by the CMI (Chartered Management Institute)
MSc International Management is accredited by the Chartered Management Institute.
CMI (the Chartered Management Institute) is the only chartered professional body in the UK dedicated to promoting the highest standards in management and leadership excellence. It is the only organisation awarding Chartered Manager status, the hallmark of any professional manager, and encompasses a membership community more than 120,000 strong.
The MSc International Management programme from the University of Exeter Business School is dual accredited by CMI. This means that successful students will automatically receive a second professional qualification – a CMI Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership - upon successful completion of their programme. With a CMI qualification:
- You will instantly become more employable when you receive an industry-recognised CMI professional qualification.
- You will gain access to exclusive CMI networking events.
- You will have the opportunity to attend lectures from top level CMI industry-expert members.
CMI’s qualifications sit on the RQF framework and are recognised by the European Credit Framework. These qualifications fast-track students into the next stage of training to become Chartered Managers. Students become a CMI Affiliate member during their studies, giving a host of additional benefits to support development and employability.
Chartered Manager (CMgr) is the most prestigious status that can be achieved in the management profession.
- This award recognises professional managerial competence and functional ability.
- It takes consistent high performers who are committed to current best practice and ethical standards to the next level of managerial awareness.
- It improves employability and makes members stand out from the competition.
As well as an additional qualification, membership of CMI provides a wealth of management resources and support.
- Fast answers – Enjoy instant access to management questions via the unique online multimedia knowledge base ManagementDirect - a valuable resource to improve grades and develop skills.
- Mentoring – Experienced managers and leaders will share their skills and experiences to help further develop management skills.
- Network with the best – Make valuable business contacts at CMI’s frequent events around the UK.
- Career Development Centre – Our comprehensive online portal boosts the development of interview skills, polishes CV content and prepares members on how to approach employers.
- Management library – Borrow from 700 books on management, leadership and business from the CMI management library, the largest in the UK.
- Show your development – CMI online CPD system enables members to update and access their student record of continuing professional development - a great resource for performance reviews and job interviews.
CMI’s dedicated resource portal, ManagementDirect provides access to a plethora of content available to students to support their studies.
- Access to circa 3,000 publications, including Harvard Business Review.
- Opportunity to build a portfolio to demonstrate extracurricular training.
- Exclusive CMI research.
- 10,000 World-Wide company profile reports.
- Videos and podcasts.
- Marketing forecast trends.
Careers Development Centre
Access CMI’s latest career development portal which provides the following tools and resources:
- CV builder and review service.
- Interview practice video modules.
- Job hunting strategy tips.
- Career management and self-development.
- Job personality tests.
- Motivation assessments.
- Advice on career development.
Tap into CMI’s exclusive network of industry expert mentors. Members will gain:
- A mentor who is best suited to guiding the individual through the industry/goals they wish to achieve.
- Improved self-confidence and advanced problem-solving skills.
- Professional development.
- Awareness of skills and practice.