Business and Management 2017/18
- 6th for Business and Management Studies in the Complete University Guide 2018
- 13th for Business Studies in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017
- 10th for Business, Management & Marketing in The Guardian University Guide 2018
- 2nd for Hospitality, Leisure and Tourism, in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017
- 73% of research is world-leading or internationally excellent
Our academic staff engage in teaching, research and consulting across a broad range of management disciplines, including:
- Marketing: marketing communication, brand marketing, consumer culture and advertising
- Operations management: business process modelling and innovation management
- Organisational behaviour: organizational storytelling and change management techniques
- Human Resource Management: employee resourcing, development and relations
- Entrepreneurship: high-tech start-ups, new venture investment decisions and small firm finance
- Tourism: the consumer landscape, tourism and EU engagement and tourism entrepreneurship
The Business School now also offer a range of Masters programmes that can be completed 100% online and are conducted through our virtual learning community. You choose the postgraduate programme you want, enrol and enjoy access to course materials 24/7 and take classes at a time that works for you.
Course materials and assessments will be presented in a variety of ways. You’ll collaborate with other students, challenge yourself academically and make an impact in your personal and professional life. A Student Support Adviser works with you from enrolment to the completion of your programme to help you gain the support and confidence you need to finish your degree. Find out more about our online programmes.
Our research themes are: ethics, policy and governance; marketing, consumer research and retailing; operations, knowledge management and strategy; and organisation studies.
The Department is home to a number of leading research centres that capitalise on academic expertise in the School, including the Centre for Leadership Studies (CLS) and the Centre for International Service Research also plays a key role in the interdisciplinary Centre for Sport, Leisure and Tourism Research (CSLTR).
Academics throughout the Department work at the forefront of developments in their field, publish in leading international publications, including Tourism Management, Journal of Operations Management, Journal of Management Studies, Organisation Studies, Human Resource Management and European Journal of Marketing. In addition, staff within the Department hold editorships of journals including International Journal of Operations and Production Management. Recent research grants have been awarded from funding bodies including the ESRC and HEFCE in areas such as tourism, leadership and service science.
I chose the MSc International Management because it’s not an ordinary postgraduate programme – it combines theory and practice from the very first day to ensure that students are well prepared for a career in global management. This approach really helped me build confidence and take a more ‘hands on’ approach to study.
Michael Young, MSc International Management
Degrees in Exeter
- MSc International Management
- MBA - One Planet MBA
- MSc Marketing
- MSc/PgDip Human Resource Management
- MSc International Tourism Management
- MRes Management
- MRes Global Political Economy