Director Strategic Delivery Unit
Service Level Description
Strategic Delivery Unit
The Strategic Delivery Unit supports the University to prioritise, plan and deliver its major projects and programmes.
What we do
The SDU will run initiatives that:
- Have a significant impact across the organisation
- Align with & contribute significantly to agreed corporate strategy and sovereign strategies
- Be a project or improvement activity
- Will not be ‘business as usual’ service delivery or maintenance activity
- Will help better meet university’s current and future needs
For projects that don’t fit the above criteria our team members will provide advice and guidance. We also have a wealth or resources to support you to manage the project in our document library and change blueprint.
The team brings together a range of skills including business analysis; internal consultancy; portfolio, programme and project management.
Key deliverables for 2018/19
Programme and Project Management
- Support the delivery of new initiatives (projects and programmes) from start to finish.
- Support Colleges and Professional Services to develop solutions to problems or opportunities though short-term consultancy projects.
- Help with the prioritisation of new initiatives by ensuring they are agreed at the right level; they are in line with strategic objectives and priorities; provide regular review and reporting in terms of progress, cost, risk, benefits and strategic contribution.
- Helping to prepare, equip and support individuals through change to ensure the benefits of new initiatives are achieved.
- Helps to identify solutions to problems, for example process improvements or new software-systems. Ensures that proposed solutions meet the needs of stakeholders and aligns with University and project objectives.
- We deliver training available to all staff on writing business cases, change management, project management and Lean process improvement.
- Project Sponsors
- Professional Services Directors
- Directors of College Operations
- Deputy Vice-Chancellors
- Academic colleagues in leadership roles
- Academic Staff
- Professional Services Staff
- Project Sponsors
What we strive for
To be recognised as the centre of excellence in the University for project, programme and change management evidenced by:
- ≥80% projects completed on time, on budget and within scope;
- ≥80% forecast benefits as per plan;
- To provide Project Sponsors and governing groups real-time reporting on the health of their portfolio of programmes and projects.
- To manage a balanced portfolio for initiatives fully aligned to the University’s soverign strategies;
- To ensure the impact of change projects on students, staff and services is fully understood and mitigated before implementation.
- To work in partnership with other professional services, academic colleagues, students and external stakeholders in the co-creation of solutions and delivery of projects;
- To demonstrate best-practice in matrix management, bringing together multi-disciplinary teams in the delivery of projects and programmes.
|Name||Position||Extension||Email address||Contact for?|
|Louise Cordice||Business Support Manageremail@example.com||
|Chris Cousins||Programme Managerfirstname.lastname@example.org||
|Kitty Mann||Programme Manageremail@example.com||
|Gill Preston||Programme Managerfirstname.lastname@example.org||
|Rick Walker||Programme Manageremail@example.com||
|Liz Mundy||Portfolio Benefits Managerfirstname.lastname@example.org||