Researcher Development Essentials
Researcher Development Essentials are the core of our programme, and is made up of a series of workshops and webinars to support you throughout your research degree - from doing your literature review to preparing for your viva.
Our face to face and webinar development opportunities will be added to our new booking system over the summer. Our 2023/24 Researcher Development Programme will commence in September 2023. In the meantime, please see our online resources and recordings of previous sessions via ELE and researcher-development.co.uk.
If you need to make changes to an existing booking that you made via Inkpath, please contact email@example.com.
- Focus on...getting started q&a panel
- Handling difficult conversations with your supervisors
- Critical thinking for researchers Online or face to face sessions available
- Creative thinking for researchers Online or face to face sessions available
- What is Open Access? Hybrid session - online or face to face
- Conducting a literature review: searching, reading and note-taking
- Conducting a literature review: critiquing, structuring and writing
- Focus on....preparing for your upgrade
- Maintaining momentum and focus after your upgrade
- Preparing for your viva online and face to face sessions available
- Focus on... the viva q&a panel
- Drafting your thesis online and face to face sessions available
- Writing a chapter online and face to face sessions available
- Perfectly imperfect writing practices for your thesis
Supporting your wellbeing:
- Managing Stress
- Confidence and Resilience
- What to do when things go wrong: Using challenges, messiness and discomfort as a resource
- Kickstart your PhD with joy, clarity and ease
- We’re all in this together: A peer-directed workshop
- Finding your way out of a rut using Lego Serious Play
You can access the following brand new online courses on our Exeter Learning Environment page:
- Planning ahead: developing yourself and your skills
- Starting your thesis: preparing for your literature review
- Working with your supervisors
- Project managing your thesis
- Maintaining Momentum, Productivity and Wellbeing
- Preparing for your viva
Please check out our Researcher Development site- a suite of online resources, made by PGRs for PGRs, to support their training and development.
Exeter Postgraduate Researcher Podcast, the new podcast from the Researcher Development and Research Culture Team, covers the skills and knowledge needed for postgraduate researchers' professional development.
You can listen to our episodes here:
|Episode Number||Topic and Guest|
|1||Open Research- Dr Eilis Hannon|
R, D and the In-Betweens is a podcast about researchers, development…and everything in-between! In this podcast Kelly Preece (Researcher Development Manager) speaks to researchers and Higher Education professionals about being a researcher, working in a research environment and all that may entail. So far this has included episodes on research communication, writing up, being a BAME researcher, research ethics and much more! You can listen and subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music, Google Podcasts and Stitcher!
If you are listening from an computer please click the links below, which also include full transcriptions of each episode.