- Open Research Exeter (ORE)
Open Research Exeter (ORE)
ORE is the University's online research output and theses repository. It is a showcase for the University's research, increasing visibility and demonstrating impact.
All researchers are affected by the University of Exeter open access policy which requires deposit of research outputs in the institutional repository.
Anyone can search the repository.
Submitted items are securely stored and managed to provide free and permanent access.
Depositing in ORE
Academics should deposit publications in ORE via Symplectic.
Postgraduate researchers will need to deposit work directly into ORE; please use the depositing guide for postgraduate researchers.
If you wish to deposit data or any supplementary files in ORE, please contact email@example.com.
If your research paper includes third party copyright material, you should make sure that you have obtained the appropriate permissions to include this material in the online version of your publication. For more information, please see our licences page.
You may wish to add a coversheet to your document before you upload it to ORE. Some example coversheets can be found in ORE. The University does not require that a coversheet is included.
Symplectic is the University’s research publications management system.
The Symplectic system comprises:
- A record of publications with manual input and automated gathering of publications data from online databases.
- A module to provide integration with the institutional repository, Open Research Exeter (ORE).
- Full reporting across the data held within the system.
This provides the University with:
- Key data for the REF and other research monitoring exercises.
- Statistical reports on research output, providing an understanding of institutional strengths.
- Centralised data that can be incorporated into other systems (eg, websites).
For support in using Symplectic please see the user guide.
Please contact Exeter IT if you are having any technical issues with either system.