The UniCard is issued to all staff and students at the University of Exeter.
The UniCard is issued to all staff and students at the University of Exeter and serves as:
- A library card
- Access to online electronic resources
- Identifies you as a member of the University and access to its services
- Access to buildings
- Access to printers on campus. To top up printing credits, please click here. If you are a member of staff, you can request a department billing code from your department's admin or finance team.
- NUS discount in conjunction with an NUS Extra card
- Discounted fares arranged for students on Stagecoach Devon buses
- Subsidised fares with First Bus in Cornwall
Please see the UniCard conditions of use.
If you are a new student you can order your Unicard by visiting the UniCard Application Portal. You will be asked to provide the following details:
- Full name
- Student ID number
- Email address
- A photo
During Freshers' Week a designated Unicard collection point will be in place in the Forum building, Streatham Campus.
Distance-Learning students, you will have your Unicard posted to you.
International students, you can collect your Unicard once you have presented your documents to the Admissions Team upon arrival to the University.
Students based on St Luke's campus can also collect their Unicard from Info at St Luke's in South Cloisters.
For more detailed information on collecting your UniCard please visit the New Students webpages.
Replacing lost, stolen or damaged cards
Lost or broken cards are replaced at a charge of £10 and can be ordered through the Online Store or in-person at the SID Desk in the Forum.
Stolen cards can be replaced free of charge, please note you will need to provide a crime reference number.
If your card is not working, please come to the SID Desk in the Forum and we can test the card for you.
New students can apply for a UniCard by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Student number
- Course information
Unicards will not be posted to incoming students before arrival; instead, they can be collected with accommodation keys during Arrivals Weekend (from the Sports Hall) or during Freshers Week (from the accommodation office).
The Penryn Card Office is located in:
Peter Lanyon Building
University of Exeter
Tel: +44 (0)1326 371816
Opening hours: 9.00am – 5.00pm Monday – Friday
Lost, stolen or damaged cards
If your UniCard is lost or stolen please notify the Cornwall Card Office immediately. A non-refundable fee, currently £10.00, is charged to replace damaged or lost UniCards. You can apply for a replacement unicard via the on-line store or in person via the Peter Lanyon Reception. We aim to issue replacement unicards within 1 working day.
Replacement fees are waived where UniCards have been stolen, but only in cases where you have reported the theft to the Police and provide a valid police report/crime number when you collect/request your replacement UniCard.
We are unable to reactivate a UniCard reported lost or stolen if it is recovered.
Once you have returned your contract to HR, apply for your UniCard by emailing email@example.com with your:
- Date of birth
Your UniCard will be posted to your department for your arrival. If you do not receive your card prior to your arrival at University please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and you can collect it from the University Reception the following day.
Please note that it is not possible to issue your UniCard until your employment has commenced.
Lost or broken cards are replaced at a charge of £10 and can be ordered at our online store.
Stolen cards can be ordered and replaced free of charge by contacting email@example.com Please provide your crime reference number in your email.
If you need a replacement card immediately, please come in person to the University Reception between 9am and 5pm.
HR will send an application form with your letter of appointment. Please bring the completed form, with a colour, passport size photograph (head and shoulders only) to the Cornwall Card Office in the Peter Lanyon Building when your employment commences.
If you are located away from the Campus, send the form with your photograph to:
Cornwall Card Office,
University of Exeter Cornwall Campus,
Peter Lanyon Building,
See the staff card Terms and Conditions
or email the application form with a JPEG file attachment of yourself (head and shoulders only) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that it is not possible to issue your UniCard until your employment has commenced.
Individuals who have a work related reason to access University facilities and therefore require a UniCard, should contact their College Dean or Supervisor who will verify their status with the UniCard issuer.
- The UniCard is the property of the University and must be returned to the Student Information Desk (Streatham Campus) Info Point (Penryn Campus) or the University Reception (staff) when your employment/course ends.
- You will be required to produce the UniCard when accessing University facilities.
- You should not allow anyone else to use your UniCard.
- Your UniCard will act as your Library Card: users of the Library must comply with Library Regulations.
- Data Protection Act 2018: Personal information held on the UniCard Database will be treated confidentially and will only be used for the purposes of card administration, identity checking purposes and where necessary, shared with other departments in the University to enable members of staff and students to access University services. For the purposes of card production your information and photograph will be shared with CardPS.