eXtra for you
Blackwell's bookshop (online)
Blackwell's offer all staff a 10% discount on the University of Exeter online bookshop.
- 10% discount for all staff
- Order online and either collect on campus or send to your home address
- New and used second hand books available
- Free postage for orders over £20
- Browse by subject or search by ISBN, title, author, keyword or book type
Equestrian Outfitters supplies a great selection of equestrian supplies and equestrian equipment, including jodhpurs, riding boots and a selection of quality horse rugs and British leather work bridles. The horse riding equipment is from several known brands at great prices with great variable shipping rates.
We are a family run equestrian retailer and are offering staff a 10% discount on all items, except sale items. To obtain your code, please order online and quote ex10 in the discount code box.
Glasses Direct has released a discount for academic institutions. Glasses Direct are offering staff from academic institutions 25% off frames, plus free delivery using the discount code GDSTUDY25.
Glasses Direct offer the same high quality glasses you’ll find on the high street, at much more affordable prices online.
Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 – Home Use Program
University of Exeter staff can buy Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 for £8.95 including VAT and use it at home. Staff are entitled to use this software on personally owned PCs for as long as they remain employed by the University.
The software suite includes:
- Word 2010
- Excel 2010
- PowerPoint 2010
- Outlook 2010
- OneNote 2010
- SharePoint Workspace 2010
- Publisher 2010
- InfoPath 2010
- Access 2010
Note: The University of Exeter does not accept responsibility for installation or ongoing support of software purchased for home use. Any transaction is directly between the member of staff and the supplier. If you wish to take advantage of this offer, please follow the instructions on the Exeter IT Software Office webpages.
Santander (Streatham Campus)
The University of Exeter benefits from a Santander branch in Devonshire House on the Streatham Campus, which offers support and advice to the University community as well as providing preferential offers to all University of Exeter staff and students.
- exclusive mortgage offers
- 20% off home insurance
- 5% with £100 cashback when you switch your bank account to Santander
For more information on these offers and to find out what else we can do, please contact Rebecca West, Branch Manager for more information by visiting the branch, calling 05511482257 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, see also Santander Universities Microsite for special offers for students and staff in the University.
Alternatively Santander is offering a drop-in service for both staff and students every Wednesday between 11am-2pm. We will be offering advice on financial services and managing your money, work experience opportunities, career advice and the opportunity to talk about the new benefits available to students and staff because of our unique partnership.
Through its Santander Universities Global Division, Santander has collaborated with universities for more than 15 years on a unique global initiative which distinguishes it from other banks and financial institutions. The bank supports the higher education sector in such areas as teaching and research, international cooperation, knowledge and technology transfer, entrepreneurial initiatives, student mobilty and innovation.
Super Camps, the leading provider of multi-activity camps for children aged 4- 14 is offering staff a discount of £4 per day on all camps, courses and workshops. Super Camps offer over 40 activities with up to 8 different activities per day. You can book individual days or full weeks. In order to claim the discount, staff should quote the code EXU12 at the time of booking.
Ultralase UK - Laser Eye Surgery and Consultations
We provide laser eye surgery and consultations to people all over the UK, including our branch in Exeter located on Southernhay West. Ultralase treats short-sight, long-sight, astigmatism, and presbyopia (the need for reading glasses).
We are offering staff a 10% discount on all laser treatment. To get the discount all you need to do is quote the reference 'B2B - Exeter University' either when booking the consultation or over the telephone (0800 988 6380).
For more information please see our flyer.
A UniCard is issued to all staff and students. Your UniCard serves as your Library card, will identify you as a member of the University and allows you appropriate access to its services and facilities. Entitlement to benefits and discounts may be dependent on showing your University Card or quoting your staff number.
Vodaphone Employee Advantage
Academic Services have identified that with nearly 300 Vodaphone accounts on the business tarrif within the University, we are now joining the Vodaphone Employee Advantage (VEA) scheme. The VEA scheme gives University employees, friends and family the opportunity to obtain a discount on their privately purchased Vodaphone contracts. This is up to five discounted contracts per employee. The main details are as follows:
- VEA scheme is for both new and renewed Vodaphone contracts connected directly with Vodaphone
- 20% discount for call plans over £20 per month
- 10% discount for call plans under £20 per month
- Applies to all voice and smart-phone contracts
- Offer excludes Mobile Broadband, Tablet and Netbook price plans
- Offer excludes Vodaphone Household or Business Plan
- Privately purchased Vodaphone contracts retain the discount for the term of that agreement even if the University leaves the scheme
- There is no cost or tie-in to the University
In order to make use of this offer, please follow these steps:
- You or your friends and family will need to buy a price plan or upgrade through: your nearest Vodaphone store/online/or by calling 08080 022058. There may be a credit check involved. Full terms and consitions apply.
- As the employee, you will need to submit the form on this page yourself - on behalf of your friends and family - within 30 days of purchase to request the discount. You must enter the company name as 'University of Exeter' and enter your employee number.
- When your discount request is approved, Vodaphone will send you a confirmation email to tell you that the discount has been applied.
Important: If you or your friends or family change price plan or upgrade, the discount will automatically be removed. It is your responsibility to let Vodaphone know of any change of situation. You will then need to return to this page and request a discount again. Vodaphone's retail store teams will be happy to help you choose your phone and apply for your discount. Agreements must be connected to Vodaphone through their direct outlets as detailed above to be eligible for discount. Full terms and conditions and FAQ's are available from the application pages. Please review these before entering into a contract.
On University phones, all calls between ANY Vodaphone to Vodaphone contracts are already free and the first 100 texts per-person-per-month are also free. The VEA scheme does not affect this.