Who to contact in an emergency
For any incident involving a suspicion of fire or serious injury contact the emergency services on 999 from any telephone on the University campus, outside phone or mobile and give the following information:
Your name, telephone number, location, nature of the incident and the desired action. If applicable give the number of casualties and the nature of their injuries.
In all cases:
- Exeter campuses: Estate Patrol: 3999 (internal phone) or 01392 263999 (outside phone or mobile).
- Cornwall Campus: University Security on 3666 (internal phone) or outside of office hours please call 07768 557779
- contact the Health and Safety Office:
- Office hours: 5340 internal phone) or 01392 269340 (outside phone or mobile).
- Outside Office hours: 07768 518875
Incidents whilst travelling abroad
(Staff and postgraduate students only)
For medical assistance, evacuation, repatriation and general advice following an incident, contact: ACE Assistance +44 20 7173 7796 (24hrs) (quote policy number UKBBB00303)
Help and advice is also available from Insurance & Business Continuity Services on + 44 1392 263087.
Defects in buildings or on campus giving rise to imminent danger
- Buildings & Estate Emergency Maintenance Helpdesk:
- Office hours: 4552 or 01392 264552.
- Outside Office hours: 3999 or 01392 263999 (Estate Patrol)
General health and safety problems
Initially contact your:
- Line Manager
- College or Service Safety Officer
- College Dean or Head of Service as necessary
At any time seek advice from:
- the Health and Safety Office:
- Office hours: 3049 (internal phone) or 01392 263049 (outside phone or mobile)
Health problems affecting you at work
Contact the University Occupational Health Manager for help and advice.
Room 09, Ground Floor, Northcote House, Streatham Campus
Phone: 01392 263136
Staff Counselling Service
A confidential service offered in Exeter. Referrals available through the Occupational Health Adviser see above.