Welcome to the Learning and Development website, designed as a ‘one stop shop’ for all the courses, events, development and support provided by our People Development and Academic Development teams, plus links to other internal/external training providers.
We believe that the right training/development can have a transformational effect on your professional and personal life. The people who work here have fantastic abilities. The opportunities we provide can help you develop to reach your potential, learning to recognise and build upon your strengths, learn new skills, challenge ways of thinking and working, and cultivate an appetite for lifelong learning.
It's not just about courses, together our teams provide tailored, high quality learning opportunities for all colleagues, offering a range of opportunities from short workshops to longer accredited programmes; online resources and guidance; support for communities of practice and coaching and mentoring.
We offer personal, up to date advice to academic and professional staff and design bespoke sessions to provide accessible, relevant learning and development opportunities.
We want to support you to:
- Maximise your personal potential to develop the right skills for your role.
- Lead and manage other staff effectively, helping you define the skills and capabilities required now and in the future.
- Teach and support learning through our initial and continuing professional development programmes.
- Develop your research skills for international impact.
- Gain qualifications and accreditation.
- Share and learn from peers in supportive networks and professional cohorts.
- Join the Exeter community through induction, probation sessions and beyond.
- Innovate and enhance your experiences.
- Access the latest ideas and innovations in learning and development.