- Contacts and about us
- Courses and resources
- Community challenges
- Customer service
- You teach
- You research
- You manage others
- Career development
- Technical specialists
- Mandatory training
- Performance development review (PDR)
- Learning and development policies and reports
- Frequently asked questions
- E-zine and blog
Continuing your professional development at the University.
Who is this for?
The learning and development opportunities in this section are representative of those suitable for staff who have been in post for more than a year and who are consolidating and growing their skills or moving into new areas of work.
There are many more opportunities available for specialist development which have not been included here. A full list of all our development opportunities can be found in our Course listing page.
Key continuing personal and professional development opportunities
- Springboard - a dynamic programme of self-development for female staff.
- Introduction to Procurement - a short course aimed at making the most effective use of our expenditure.
- Customer Service Workshop (Foundation) - a ½ day course aimed at developing customer service awareness and skills.
- Supporting students - a range of ½ day courses for staff providing help and support to students with disabilities or special needs.
- Project Management - a split 2-session course to develop generic project management skills and techniques and also for larger projects that require more University-specific planning and management.
- Business Writing - a short course split over 2 sessions for everyone who needs to write professional documents.
- Tuition Refund Scheme - available to all staff to help fund suitable personal development activities.
- Planning for Retirement - occasional programme of advice and support run for staff approaching retirement.