Programmes with Qualifications
For managers/supervisors who want to explore subjects in greater detail, undertake independent study outside of the classroom and gain a qualification, we offer a range of programmes leading to Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) qualifications.
- These programmes are open to all staff groups (professional services and academic).
- All programmes have been specifically designed for practising supervisors/managers. The course is assessed through work-based assignments and so delegates MUST BE already in a management/supervisory post with responsibility for managing/leading other staff rather than aspiring to this role.
- Each programme has been designed for managers at a certain grade.
- Delegates may be new in role or more experienced and wishing to gain formal management qualifications and/or develop/re-assess skills and knowledge.
- The programmes are designed to be stand-alone i.e., you do not need to have completed level 2 in order to take part in level 3.
- These are comprehensive programme leading to a qualification, delegates should be aware that they are required to attend all sessions and complete all the assessments. Guidance is given on the specify programme pages below.
Applying for a place
Staff who currently manage/supervise staff and meet the eligibility criteria are invited to submit a nomination form (supported by their line manager) to be considered for a place on these programmes.
Some programmes will incur a cost to the department.
Delegates complete work-based learning assignments, which are assessed and verified by the ILM in order to achieve their accreditation.
Programmes leading to an ILM qualification
- ILM Level 2 Award in Leadership and Team Skills
- ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management
- ILM Level 5 Award in Leadership and Management