- Contacts and about us
- Courses and resources
- Community challenges
- Customer service
- You teach
- You research
- You manage others
- Career development
- Technical specialists
- Mandatory training
- Performance development review (PDR)
- Learning and development policies and reports
- Frequently asked questions
- E-zine and blog
Take a look at our course bulletin archive.
ILM certification ceremony - November 2012
Michele Shoebridge presented certificates to staff who had completed a variety of ILM qualifications at this celebratory event on 20 November. The awards given out were:
- Aspirational Managers Programme
- ILM Level 2 Award in Team Leading
- ILM Level 3 Award in First Line Management
- ILM Level 4 Award in Management
New Procurement Courses
The procurement team have further developed their programmes to take you through from introducing the basics of procurement through to the full tender process. The courses now available are:
- Introduction to Procurement
- Procurement: How to ... Prepare
- Procurement: How to ... Compete and How to ... Contract
- Procurement: How to ... Manage
Updated Leadership and Development Framework with further ILM qualifications
We have introduced a new suite of programmes aimed at all levels of managers within the University. You can pick and mix units within the programmes or choose to take a full programme either in one go or over a period of time. Each programme can lead to an ILM qualification.
We have a range of face-to-face and online courses to help you improve your IT skills.
Our face-to -face training will help you to become more skilled and confident in your use of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
For more specific queries we recommend using the Microsoft training pages which gives you access to free online courses.
The University has recognised for some time that stress poses a serious threat to the health and wellbeing of staff and we have addressed the issue by:
- Putting in place a new wellbeing policy
- Continuing to provide individual support
- Promoting physical wellbeing programmes
- Improving the skills of our managers to manage change
Alongside these measures we recognise the need to develop the skills of our leaders and managers. With this in mind, we have designed a brand new course to help you improve wellbeing in the workplace.
This 2 day programme comprises of a powerful blend of theory and practice including experiential learning, personal reflection, peer coaching and group work.
What will I get out of it?
- Understanding of the thinking styles and behaviours which can help people become more resilient
- Understanding of the key stressors in the workplace which they can positively influence
- You will learn through practice and peer coaching how you can reduce negative impacts of stress in yourself and others
- You will be able to identify key values & behaviours to foster a climate of resilience and effectiveness
- You will be able to raise any relevant issues, themes and patterns that are embedded in the University’s culture and therefore need to be addressed at a more strategic level