Our People Strategy – Making the Exceptional Happen
Attract, Perform, Retain
Our People Strategy 2016-2021 builds on the significant achievements of our interim HR strategy, and importantly, equips the University to deliver its strategic goals by attracting and developing a talented and diverse workforce.
To do this, we must attract, develop and retain outstanding individuals from around the globe and work together as one group, unified by our shared values (ambition, collaboration, challenge, community, impact, rigour).
Our People strategy outlines six inter-connected themes which together will help to secure our position as a high-performing global institution and enhance the global reputation of the University internally and externally as a good employer.
- Recruitment – We strive to build a diverse and inclusive workforce by attracting and on-boarding talented staff from across the world.
- Career Paths – Exeter is a place to launch and build distinguished careers.
- Leadership and Development – Exeter is a place people can fulfil their potential and ambitions.
- Recognition and Reward – We create a high performance culture, rewarding people and their performance fairly.
- Positive Working Environment – Exeter is a great place to work.
- Our HR Services – HR Services are professional, forward looking, innovative, customer service focussed and efficient.