Trent HR system and management information
Management information from Trent HR can be provided through reports which are run within Trent HR or from Business Objects reports which have been created specifically for the University of Exeter by Education and Student Experience.
- Certain Business Objects reports can be scheduled to run automatically each month and emailed to designated managers
- Reports are generally provided in Excel format
- Some complex reports include additional merged columns which make it difficult to sort the report in Excel - see Instructions on how to unmerge and delete these additional columns to allow sorting
- Contact the Human Resources team for your College/Service to obtain any reports
- All reports are subject to the conditions of use for data from Trent HR system. Human Resources are not authorised to provide a report where this would breach data protection standards.
If the information you require is not listed, you should discuss your information requirements with the Human Resources team for your College/Service (or, for University-wide reports, the Trent HR support team in Human Resources). Creating new and bespoke reports takes a significant amount of time and we are not able to guarantee that we can satisfy report requests.
Following the formal completion of the project, there is only a very limited resource available to develop further reports or to modify existing reports. Priority will be given to those which are necessary for system administration, strategic management and monitoring and statutory purposes (for example, equality and diversity, increments, HESA, Right to Work checks). All requests for new reports, amendments to existing reports and changes to recipients of scheduled reports should be directed to the IT Helpdesk in the first instance. For further details, visit the troubleshooting sections.
Business Objects reports
Following the creation of Colleges, we have taken the opportunity to simplify and standardise the reports (and scheduling arrangements). This table shows the reports which are being developed for each College. This simplification will be applied to Professional Services in due course.
In addition, it is possible to run reports from within Trent HR for selected units (ie College or Service or sections/academic units).
These reports include:
- various equality and diversity analysis by organisation unit
- length of service by organisation unit
- various absence reports
- headcount reports (includes all categories, ie claims, GTFs etc as well as employees)
- various learning activity reports by organisation unit
Facts and figures about the University