Please raise an enquiry via the HR Systems Team.
iTrent HR Faculty and Service users
iTrent HR allows authorised users to view and/or edit information stored on the iTrent system about University staff. The level of access for each iTrent HR user is controlled by the role they have been assigned. Users can have multiple roles.
There are a number of iTrent HR roles for managers and administrators in Faculties and Services
- Faculty/Service Manager
- People Manager
- Faculty/Service Finance Officer
- Sickness Information Coordinator
- Annual Leave Administrator
Please note that users are currently only able to access this system using PCs that are part of the University’s network or connected through VPN.
|Suitable for:||Gives access to:||Level of access*||Benefits||Link to Online User Guide|
|Navigational Hints & Tips||All users||N/A||N/A||Basic hints and tips on navigation of iTrent.
A demo video is available. The sound quality is not great but will be updated as soon as possible.
|iTrent Electric Hints & Tips
|Faculty/Service Manager||Head of Faculty or Service or other senior manager or administrator||Person, position and payroll-related information||Organisation structure||Gives users access to a range of information about all staff in their Faculty or Service||Use generic guide|
|People Manager||Any staff with line management responsibilities||Person and position-related information. Also allows user to authorise annual leave requests for staff.||Management structure||Gives line managers access to key information for all staff who directly or indirectly report to them.||iTrent People Manager User Guide|
|Faculty/Service Finance Officer||Finance Officer (or other central administrator) within a Faculty or Service||Payroll and position-related information||Organisation structure||Gives users access to a range of position and payroll information about all staff in their Faculty or Service.||Use generic guide|
|Accounts/Research Teams||Any finance or research staff who are required to change salary cost codes||Payroll and position-related information||Organisation structure||
Gives users access to a range of position and payroll information about staff along with the ability to change salary cost codes.
|User guide for changing cost codes|
|Sickness Information Coordinator||Central administrator responsible for monitoring and reporting sickness absence||Sickness absence and medical certificate records, plus limited position-related information.||Organisation structure||
|Annual Leave Administrator||Central administrator within a Faculty or Service that is using Self Service Annual Leave to record annual leave||Annual leave bookings and entitlement, plus limited position-related information||Organisation structure||
||iTrent Annual Leave Administrator User Guide|
Level of access
- Organisation structure: User is able to see information about all staff within a specific unit irrespective of the line-reporting relationship. Access is normally provided at a Faculty or Service level, but access can also be provided to information about staff in a specific department or team if it exists as a separate unit on iTrent.
- Management structure: User is able to see information about all staff for whom they are directly or indirectly listed on iTrent as the Reporting Manager. iTrent only has one “Reporting Manager” per position. This field is already used for automatically generated email notifications regarding probation and fixed term contracts as well as People Manager access
Registering as a iTrent HR Faculty/Service user
For the conditions and further information on how to register as a Faculty/Service user see here.