Trent HR College and Service users
Midland Trent HR allows authorised users to view and/or edit information stored on the Trent system about University staff. The level of access for each Trent HR user is controlled by the role they have been assigned. Users can have multiple roles.
There are a number of Trent HR roles for managers and administrators in Colleges and Services
- College/Service Manager
- People Manager
- College/Service Finance Officer
- Sickness Information Coordinator
- Annual Leave Administrator
Access is being rolled out to managers and administrators as part of an ongoing dialogue between Human Resources and each of the University’s Colleges and Services.
Please note that users are currently only able to access this system using PCs that are part of the University’s network; attempts to access Trent HR from outside the University will be denied.
|Type of access||Suitable for:||Gives access to:||Level of access*||Benefits||Link to Online User Guide|
|College/Service Manager||View only||Head of College or Service or other senior manager or administrator||Person, position and payroll-related information||Organisation structure||Gives users access to a range of information about all staff in their College or Service||Online User Guide|
|People Manager||View only||Any staff with line management responsibilities||Person and position-related information. Also allows user to authorise annual leave requests for staff.||Management structure||Gives line managers access to key information for all staff who directly or indirectly report to them.||Online User Guide|
|College/Service Finance Officer||View only||Finance Officer (or other central administrator) within a College or Service||Payroll and position-related information||Organisation structure||Gives users access to a range of position and payroll information about all staff in their College or Service.||To follow in Autumn 2010|
|Sickness Information Coordinator||View/Edit||Central administrator responsible for monitoring and reporting sickness absence||Sickness absence and medical certificate records, plus limited position-related information.||Organisation structure||
||Online User Guide|
|Annual Leave Administrator||View/Edit||Central administrator within a College or Service that is using Self Service Annual Leave to record annual leave||Annual leave bookings and entitlement, plus limited position-related information||Organisation structure||
||To follow in Autumn 2010|
Level of access
- Organisation structure: User is able to see information about all staff within a specific unit irrespective of the line-reporting relationship. Access is normally provided at a College or Service level, but access can also be provided to information about staff in a specific department or team if it exists as a separate unit on Trent.
- Management structure: User is able to see information about all staff for whom they are directly or indirectly listed on Trent as the Reporting Manager. Trent only has one “Reporting Manager” per position. This field is already used for automatically generated email notifications regarding probation and fixed term contracts as well as People Manager access
Registering as a Trent HR College/Service user
For data protection and security reasons, authorised users can only be granted access to information about other employees if:
- There is a genuine business need for them to access this information
- They understand and agree to comply with Data Protection legislation and the University's IT regulations
- Their application for access to Trent HR is authorised by Human Resources.
In order to request access to the Trent HR system, please download a Registration form.