Please raise an enquiry via SIDHR and select one of the 'HR Systems' categories.
Conditions of use for data from Trent HR system
Trent HR Data Protection Standards
Staff who are given access to Trent HR, the Business Objects reporting tool or reports created from Trent HR, or who are otherwise provided with information about employees recorded on Trent HR, are required to comply with the following data protection standards.
1. Employees’ home address and telephone number and emergency contact details will be made available to a limited number of managers in the employing College/Service for use in the following circumstances:
- to contact in an emergency relating to their area of work;
- to send work-related information during periods of absence (eg during vacations);
- to contact their nominated ‘emergency contact’ in the event of an accident or illness at work.
2. An employee’s home address and telephone number should not be passed to other employees or to any third party. Any requests from the Police or other statutory bodies for this information should be referred to Human Resources.
Information about employees’ salaries and other contractual information (including employees’ date of birth and date of retirement, expiry dates of fixed term contracts and pension scheme membership) will be made available to managers and finance officers in Colleges and Services for financial and planning purposes.
1. Only where an appointment is externally funded, or an application is being made for external funding, and disclosure is required to comply with the conditions of the grant, or in other cases required by government or EU requirements, should a College or Service disclose an employee’s salary and any other payments they receive and (where required) other personal and/or contractual information to a third party.
2. Requests for confirmation of an employee’s salary and any other payments they receive (eg for a mortgage application) should be referred to Human Resources. Disclosures will only be made to a third party where this is authorised by the employee in writing.
1. Information about individual employees’ sex, ethnic origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation (if recorded) and nationality will not be disclosed to Colleges and Services (except in the circumstances covered in 3.2 to 3.3 below) but will be used on an anonymised basis for equality and diversity monitoring.
2. Information about an employee’s disability may be disclosed to the Occupational Health Service and to a limited number of managers in the employing College/Service to assist with compliance with the Disability Discrimination Act.
3. An employee’s nationality and their right to work in the United Kingdom may be disclosed to appropriate managers in their employing College or Service to ensure that the University meets its obligations under the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act.
4. Occasionally, to assist with the University’s equality and diversity action plans, staff may be selected on the basis of their sex, ethnic origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation or nationality to participate in the development and review of equality and diversity initiatives. All such communications will be on a confidential basis.
1. Information about an employee’s absence (or, future absence – eg in the case of family-friendly leave) should be reported by the employee to their manager in accordance with University procedures. Sickness absence and the reasons for it are recorded in Trent HR for payment and sickness monitoring purposes.
2. This information will be disclosed to the Occupational Health Service and to a limited number of managers in the employing College/Service for the purposes of monitoring and managing employees’ attendance. Where capability procedures are applied (in accordance with the University’s Managing Absence Code of Practice), the information will also be disclosed to senior managers taking decisions under the procedure.
Information about employees’ bank accounts will be held by Human Resources for the payment of salaries, claims and expenses and will not be disclosed to other employees or third parties (except where required by law).