Right to work and immigration
The UK government has, from 27 November 2008, introduced a Points Based System (PBS) for employers wishing to employ migrant workers – ie individuals who are not nationals of a country in the European Economic Area (EEA) and who do not have the right to work in the UK.
This site contains information for staff and Colleges/Services about the new PBS and the enhanced regulations that have been put into place. The information on this site is necessarily general. If you have any queries regarding a specific immigration case please contact your HR Business Partner for further guidance.
There is information in these pages for:
- General UK immigration information.
- Further information for those staff coming on a Tier 1 visa
- Further information for those staff coming on a Tier 2 visa
- Proof of right to work
- Employees with Limited Leave to remain
- Immigration information for international staff on time limited visas (extensions)
- Information for those staff that are eligible for Settlement in the UK (Indefinite Leave to Remain)
- Managers Right to work checking process for all managers
- Immigration categories explained for recruiting managers
- Recruitment requirements for appointing international staff
- Information the University needs to complete the Certificate of Sponsorship
- Managers responsibilities for Tier 2 employees
Permitted paid engagements
- Information for managers regarding the new UKBA scheme