Induction checklist for temporary members of staff
The aim of this Induction Checklist is to provide essential information to your new temporary member of staff and to help them settle in as quickly as possible and, more importantly, to make them feel 'part of the team'.
The items listed below should preferably be covered within the first week of their employment (this will depend on the length of their assignment). You can also download a printable version of the Induction checklist.
- Introduction to staff
- Location of toilets, etc.
- Location of tea/coffee rooms and arrangements
- Access to photocopier
- Starting/finishing times; hours of work
- Timing of lunch breaks
- Use of telephones, faxes and email
- Assistance with access or other special needs
Health & Safety
- Fire exits/fire alarm/fire extinguishers
- Fire evacuation procedure and assembly point
- Action in event of fire
- Security/panic alarms
- Safety representatives/First Aiders
- Accident reporting
- Register for Introduction to Health & Safety course, if necessary. Please contact Kate Lindsell for further details.
- IT user registration - has this been arranged by the Temporary Staff Bank?
- Details of places to eat on campus
- Sickness procedure