Support is available to all staff and students who have experienced inappropriate behaviour, and we would encourage any staff or students in this position to access support to discuss what they have experienced.
If the incident happened to someone else rather than yourself, encourage the recipient to access support and discuss what happened.
Dignity and Respect Advisors
The University's Network of Dignity and Respect Advisors are trained members of staff who provide a confidential and informal service to any staff or students involved in cases of harassment. Advisors can listen, talk through the options available and, if appropriate signpost to other sources of support and advice.
Care first provides free confidential, impartial advice and support 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, to staff and PhD students. Counselling can also be accessed via Care first.
Additional support for staff
Staff may wish to consider the support available from:
Additional support for students
Students may wish to consider the support available from:
- Students’ Guild Advice Unit
- FX Plus Student Services (Cornwall Campuses)
- Disability Support from AccessAbility
- International Student Support Office
- Student Counselling Service (Exeter Campuses)
- Student Counselling Service (Cornwall Campuses)
- Residence Life Team
- Race Equality Resource Officer (Graduate School of Education students only)
- FXU Advice and Welfare (Penryn Campus)
- Mental Health Advice and Support
- Student Health Centre (Streatham and St Luke's campuses)
- VOICE (helpline run by students for students)
- Wellbeing Services
Support for staff or Students
- Devon Doctors on Call - 0845 6710 270
- MIND for better mental health
- PC Ian Lugg, University Police Officer (Streatham and St Luke's campuses) - 101 / 08452 777 444
- Security/Estate Patrol (Streatham and St Luke’s campuses) - 01392 723999 or ext 3999
- Security (Penryn Campus) - 07768 557779 or ext 1400