University Athena SWAN Working Group
The Athena SWAN Working Group has been established by the University, to provide a forum to:
- Coordinate the creation of solid implementation plans for both the aspirations which were stated in the University Bronze application and for the plans for applications to Silver Award status.
- Ensure that there is clear communication and 'joined up thinking'.
- Coordinate and share best practise
- Act as an ‘umbrella forum’ for Athena SWAN and gender equality related initiatives and associated working groups.
- Be a mechanism for disseminating information and sharing examples of good practice to staff, students and other stakeholders
- Provide staff and students a focus point to bring gender equality issues for discussion
- Discuss gender equality issues of strategic significance and mutual interest and make recommendations on how the University could respond.
- Promote a culture within the Group that values the contributions of all its members.
- To consult with Colleges and Professional Services to ensure their needs are considered in all work that is proposed.
|Professor Mark Goodwin||(Chair) Deputy Vice-Chancellor (External Affairs)|
|Professor Jo Little||Professor in Gender and Geography|
|Dr Robert Wilson||Senior Lecturer in Conservation Biology|
|Professor Steve Eichhorn||Professor of Materials Science, Head of Engineeering|
|Professor Peter Challenor||Professor Mathematics|
|Dr Sharon Dixon||Senior Lecturer in Sports Biomechanics|
|Dr Safi Darden||Lecturer, Psychology|
|Dr Sarah Dean||Senior Lecturer in Health Services Research|
|Linda Peka||Director of College Services|
|Dr Sharon Strawbridge||Senior Lecturer in Physics and Astronomy|
|Dr Frank Van Veen||Senior Lecturer in Climate Change Biology|
|Professor Nina Wedell||Professor of Evolutionary Biology|
|Professor Nick Stone||Professor of Biomedical Imaging and Biosensing|
|Sarah Downing||Executive Officer|
|Professor Manuela Barreto||Professor of Social and Organisational Psychology|
|Dorcas Cowan||Equality and Diversity Manager|
|Dr Helen Butler||Research Services Manager|
|Professor Mark Baldwin||Head of Mathematics and Computer Science|
|Catherine Bailey||Employee Services Team Leader (Recruitment)|
|Naomi Armstrong||Vice-President Welfare & Diversity|
|Helen Dickason||Equality and Diversity Team, Data Administrator|
|Anne-Marie Baker||Equality and Diversity Team, Project Manager|
If you have any comments or feedback, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on the Discipline Working Groups, please see their Athena SWAN webpages: