These pages provide information about car parking for the Exeter campuses only. Please see the Falmouth Exeter Plus website for information about parking at the Penryn Campus. Please note that Parking Permits issued at Exeter or Penryn Campuses are valid on all sites.
Eligibility for a permit is dependent on many factors including if you car share and how far you live from the University. Full details are given on this page but if you need clarification please contact us on 01392 725678 or email the Car Parking Office.
Existing permit holders
Members of staff who already have a parking permit (standard or authority to park) are entitled to apply online for a three year parking permit if they pay through salary exchange or monthly deductions whilst still in employment. Other standard non-University staff permits are valid for one year and the online external application form for parking permit will need to be completed. Staff on open ended contracts should do nothing until their existing permit expires.
New permit applicants
If you live or reside within the EX1, EX2 and EX4 postcodes whilst attending the University you will not be eligible for a parking permit.
Exceptions to this general rule are:
- Staff with caring responsibilities – staff with children under 11 or dependent relatives.
- Staff with poor access to public transport – staff who must use more than two different public transport services to make the journey to work or where public transport does not exist.
- Staff who work shifts or unsocial hours – staff who start work before 06:30 or finish after 22:30.
If you are a new applicant, please visit the apply for a permit pages for more information on how to apply.
Members of staff who are eligible to apply for a standard or authority to park permit are entitled to apply for a free car share permit. To obtain a permit you must first register online with the University’s Car Share Scheme and create a BUDI Team. Please note all members of the BUDI team must be eligible for a permit.
Please quote your BUDI team number on the application form.
- Taught postgraduates students: Postgraduate students on taught programmes who undertake some teaching functions are regarded as students for parking permit purposes and as such are subject to the student regulations.
- Postgraduate research students: Postgraduate research students who already have a parking permit may be entitled to a staff parking permit, please contact the Car Parking Office on 01392 725678.
- Undergraduate students: Most students will not be eligible for a parking permit. Please see the student car parking pages for full details
Parking permits for visitors to the Streatham and St Luke’s campuses can be ordered by contacting the Car Parking Office. The cost for a visitor’s parking permit is £6.00 per day. There are a limited number of spaces available for reservation for visitors, to enquire please contact Estate Patrol.
Please note that all University of Exeter permits are not valid on the Prince Of Wales Road and Streatham Drive at the Streatham Campus, both of which are Council operated parking zones. Visitors are asked to be aware that the Council has parking restrictions on roads adjacent to St Luke’s Campus.
Pay and display car parking is available on the Streatham Campus. There is very limited pay and display parking at St Luke’s.
Visitors may only park in the following car parks:
- Car Park C
- 15 spaces in Car Park A
Visitors may park in any paking bay outside the restricted hours, or at weekends.
|Charges for Exeter campuses||08:00-18:00, Mon-Fri|
|Up to 2 hours||£2.00|
|Up to 4 hours||£4.00|
|Over 4 hours||£6.00|
Our parking permit income will continue to subsidise sustainable transport alternatives. At present this income contributes towards the shuttle bus from St David’s station, the D bus services, discounted bus tickets, shower and facilities for cyclists and walkers. For more information, please see the Sustainable Travel website.