Staff car parking permit payment options and rates
The following permit payment options are available:
- Salary exchange via payroll (permanent University of Exeter staff only)
- By credit/debit card (generally for non-University staff)
- By cheque (generally for non-University staff)
If you are not eligible for salary exchange for the reasons below you may claim monthly deductions from salary via payroll (permanent University of Exeter staff only):
- earn less than £6,500 per annum
- you do not pay National Insurance Contributions
- you are a member of the NHS or FSSU pension schemes
The eligibility for salary exchange/deductions is restricted to University of Exeter permanent members of staff on a full 12-month contract.
Charges for full permit from 1st October 2016:
|Band||Criteria||Salary to be exchanged for staff earning up to £45,000 gross||Salary to be exchanged for staff earning over £45,000 gross||Approx net charge (after the application of salary exchange)|
|Top||emissions of 140 and over grams of CO2 per kilometre (or engine size over 1549cc if the vehicle was registered prior to March 2001)||£253.50 (£21.13 p/m)||£303.15 (£25.26 p/m)||£176.40 (£14.70 p/m)|
|Middle||emissions between 121 and 139 grams per kilometre (or engine size up to 1549cc if the vehicle was registered prior to March 2001)||£159.50 (£13.29 p/m)||£191.18 (£15.98 p/m)||£110.91 (£9.24 p/m)|
|Lower||emissions less than 121gms grams per kilometre||£86.61 (£7.22 p/m)||£104.57 (£8.71 p/m)||£60.21 (£5.02 p/m)|
If you are not University staff but employed on the campus by other businesses, please apply for a permit using the external car parking application form.
If you apply for a permit during the academic year the annual rate will be reduced on a part year basis. This does not apply to salary exchange.
Part year rates for for permits from 1st October 2016
|Month of application||140grams and over of CO²/Engine size over 1549cc if registered pre March 2001||Between 121-139 grams of CO²/Engine size up to 1549cc if registered pre March 2001 ||Up to and including 120grams of CO² post March 2001 only|
The following permits are available free of charge. See the apply for a permit pages for full details on how to apply.
- Blue Badge holders. Copies of both sides of your blue badge must be supplied to the Car Parking Office with your application form.
- Staff Authority to Park. Only valid when displayed with a reduced staff pay and display ticket. New applicants will only be entitled if they are eligible.
- Additional Staff Authority to Park. Only valid when displayed with a reduced staff pay and display ticket. New applicants will only be entitled if they are eligible.
- Car Share Permit.