Some of the top bands in the country perform here. The Guild's Box Office will tell you who's performing and when at the Streatham Campus venues of the Great Hall and the Lemon Grove and sell you tickets. They also sell tickets for music events at the Phoenix and Cavern Club in Exeter.
Links to the great variety of music activities Exeter has to offer are all gathered together at the Music on Campus site.
ExTunes is the central website for all the student music societies on campus. It also contains links to:
- Events promoted by the Students’ Guild
- Professional orchestral concerts by the visiting Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra
- University Music Scholarships, for all genres of choral or instrumental musicians
Art exhibitions in are regularly held in the following locations on the Streatham Campus:
- Reed Hall (first floor)
- Queen’s Building
- Northcote House Gallery
- Institute of Arab and Islamic Studies Gallery
- University sculpture walk (outdoor sculptures around the Streatham Campus)
- Bill Douglas Centre (history of the cinema)
Cinema and theatre
- Phoenix Cinema in Falmouth
- Minack Theatre: a little further afield but with amazing sea views from its location nestled into the cliffs.
- Hall for Cornwall, Truro
The Stannary on the Penryn Campus, with a 1,300 capacity, is the largest capacity venue in Cornwall with gigs, comedy and a weekly club night. As the status of the Stannary climbs in the music scene, we are seeing bigger and better bands performing all the time such as Jack Johnson, Mr Scruff, Donavon Frankenreiter and Pendulum to name but a few. In addition, open mic nights run regularly and local and student bands frequently get the chance to entertain. For more information visit the Stannary page.
Falmouth has a thriving live music scene with most of the pubs and bars holding live music nights. For bigger bands, try the Princess Pavilion in the centre of Falmouth or the Hall for Cornwall in Truro.
The Poly doubles up as an art gallery, and in summer showcases the work of art students from Falmouth University. Falmouth Art Gallery has one of the most important art collections in Cornwall, featuring work from British Impressionists to contemporary Cornish art.