Do also let us know if you have any feedback on these web pages (as we are constantly updating them).
The Occupational Health team can also help you with expert confidential advice and support.
If you are unsure which team to contact feel free to email either Staff Wellbeing or Occupational Health as we work closely together and will ensure you receive the support you need.
Caring responsibilities and home schooling
It is likely that some of us will be juggling work and study with caring responsibilities during the pandemic. We appreciate all the efforts that people are making to remain productive and the challenges that many may be experiencing.
It can help to speak with your line manager, so that changes to priorities or work patterns and support can be agreed.
The following resources may also be helpful:
- Parents, carers, guardians: A home working guide (staff resource)
- Parents, carers, guardians: Reopening of schools and childcare settings (staff resource)
- Spectrum Life is the University's confidential counselling and support service. Staff can use it to access parental coaching.
- The Linked In course ‘Time Management and Working from Home’ includes tips for working parents and other caregivers who might be balancing professional and personal responsibilities in the home.
- Story time for little ones is a series of online video stories for children. It includes a story about lockdown.
- 'Piperpotamus learns about coronavirus' is a free online book, which parents can use to explain coronavirus to children, created by fourth year medicine student Annis Watts.
The following websites may be useful to find information and support with caring responsibilties: