Minibus vehicles Policy
1 General Health and Safety Policy Statement
1.1 The University of Exeter (the University) recognises and accepts its responsibility as an employer for providing a safe and healthy workplace and work environment for its employees and others (students, contractors, visitors, and the public) who may be affected by its work.
1.2 The University undertakes to comply with all statutory health and safety requirements.
1.3 The University wishes to adopt all other reasonably practicable means to eliminate hazards and reduce the risk of injury to its employees and others, and the risk of damage to its property.
1.4 The University will ensure that resources are made available to provide:
- plant, equipment and systems of work that are safe and without risks to health;
- safe arrangements for the use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances;
- a safe place of work with safe access to it and safe egress from it;
- a healthy working environment;
- adequate welfare facilities and arrangements;
- sufficient information, instruction, training and supervision to ensure all employees at risk are aware of the hazards at their workplace together with the necessary measures to be taken to protect against these hazards; and
- a monitoring, inspection and auditing procedure to ensure the effective management of health and safety throughout the University.
2 Policy Statement on the Use of Minibus Passenger Transport Vehicles
2.1 The University accepts and recognises that there are safety hazards associated with the use of minibus passenger transport vehicles (minibuses) and will undertake to reduce the risk of these hazards causing injury or damage, as far as is reasonably practicable.