Report of a Disclosure from a child or young person (or vulnerable adult)
In the event of a disclosure a report should be written addressing the following points:
- Name of Child/Young Person or Vulnerable Adult
- Age of Child/Young Person or Vulnerable Adult
- Date of Birth
- Home address
- Telephone number
- Are you expressing your own concerns? Or those of someone else?
- What is the nature of the allegation? Include dates, times, any special factors and other relevant information.
- Make a clear distinction between what is fact, opinion or hearsay.
- A description of any visible bruising or other injuries. Behavioural signs/indirect signs?
- Witnesses to the incidents.
- The child’s account, if it can be given, of what has happened and how any bruising or other injuries occurred.
- Have the parents been contacted? If so what has been said?
- Has anyone else been consulted? If so record details?
- If it is not the child making the report has the child concerned been spoken to? If so what was said?
- Has anyone been alleged to be the abuser? Record details.
On Completion please discuss this report with your HR Business Partner and send them a copy.
Attach the original to the Risk Assessment Form.