- A to Z of services and support
- Book service
- Career Zone
- Disability support from AccessAbility
- Exeter Student Ambassador Scheme
- Facilities and activities
- Grand Challenges
- International student support
- IT support
- Student administration
- Student Finance
- Student news
- Student Services Centre
- Student skills development
- Students’ Guild/ FXU
- Wellbeing Services
Maths and statistics support can help students to succeed
About maths and statistics support
Maths and statistics support is co-ordinated by Education Enhancement in collaboration with ASK (Cornwall Campus), academic staff, PGRs, and College finance professionals. Funding for the first 3 years came from the University’s Development and Alumni Relations Office (DARO).
What are the aims of the maths and statistics project?
The aims of the Mathematics and Statistics project are:
- To provide discipline based mathematical and statistical support to students whose degree subjects require them to be competent in these skills
- To improve the student experience and help retain students on their degree courses
- To enhance the employability of Exeter graduates.
What does the maths and statistics project offer?
The support is provided by a team of postgraduate mentors who are working within a variety of disciplines. The project is established in the Colleges of Engineering, Maths and Physical Sciences; Life and Environmental Sciences; Social Sciences and International Studies and the Business School.
The team offer:
- individual appointments
- drop-in helpdesks (small group and individual slots available)
- organised small group sessions
If you have a maths or statistics query and would like to see someone, please look out for information and emails from your department, or ask your lecturer / project supervisor.
Find out more
For further information please contact Rachel Canter
(Academic Skills Adviser, Education Enhancement)
I understood more than I would have done without the help and got good grades in maths modules.
- Final year Sport and Health Sciences student