- A to Z of services and support
- Book service
- Career Zone
- Disability support from AccessAbility
- Exeter Student Ambassador Scheme
- Facilities and activities
- Grand Challenges
- International student support
- IT support
- Student administration
- Student Finance
- Student news
- Student Services Centre
- Student skills development
- Students’ Guild/ FXU
- Wellbeing Services
Other maths support resources
The following tables provide lists of maths related resources and associated web pages. These provide materials and information about a variety of mathematics related areas. Each resource has a summary description to assist you in locating the right resource for your needs.
- Aurora: Elevator Lady Inc 'lets you use LaTeX in Microsoft® Word, PowerPoint®, Visio®, Excel®, and many other programs.'
- TeXnic Center 'is a feature rich and easy-to-use integrated environment for creating LaTeX documents on the Windows platform.' Used to create maths documents which require maths symbols, etc.
- MikTex is an up-to-date implementation of Tex for typesetting of mathematical documents for Windows.
- MacTeX 'is a product produced by the MacTeX TeXnical working group of the TeX Users Group (TUG). The reference edition runs on Mac OS X, Windows, GNU/Linux, various BSD Unix systems, and most other computer architectures.'
- Scilab 'is a scientific software package for numerical computations providing a powerful open computing environment for engineering and scientific applications. Scilab is an open source software.'
- The R-Project is a free software environment for statistical computing and graphics.
- Incompetech offers a variety of free downloadable graph paper in pdf format.
- Print Free Graph Paper offers a choice of various types of graph paper with some explanation of usage.
"Dyscalculia" is a lesser-known learning disability that affects mathematical calculations. It is derived from the generic name "mathematics difficulty".
- DyscalculiaForum is an international community for anyone interested in dyscalculia.
- British Dyslexia Association offers information covering statistics of incidence, symptoms, testing, and links to guides and support manuals.
- Dyscalculia Organisation provides information on dyscalculia.
Miscellaneous maths information
- MathSciNet 'is an electronic publication offering access to a carefully maintained and easily searchable database of reviews, abstracts and bibliographic information for much of the mathematical sciences literature.'
- arXiv Cornell University Library 'Open access to 509,518 e-prints in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Quantitative Biology and Statistics.' Main repository for new research papers in maths and physics.
Note: these are external websites, therefore we cannot guarantee their accessibility, reliability or accuracy. Please report any broken links to Education Enhancement.