Change of supervisor

If, for any reason, changes to your nominated supervisor(s) has to be made this must be approved by the Dean of College and done with the full knowledge of yourself, the outgoing supervisor(s) and the incoming supervisor(s) via the appropriate form.

Some Research Councils require notification, in writing, of changes to supervision and you should check with them first.  The only exception is for ESRC students where the completed form should be forwarded to the Postgraduate Administration Office.

For supervision of research students please refer to the following Codes of Practice:

Arrangement for the Supervision of Research Degree Students: code of good practice (incorporating Codes of Good Practice for Appointment of Research Degree Supervisors and Continuing Supervision of Research Students)

Code of Good Practice - Supervision of Postgraduate Research Students

Please download the Change of Supervisor Form here